New Kid Here
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Kid Here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im looking to buy a STI in the future. I have always been a fan of American muscle until I ...

New Kid Here

Im looking to buy a STI in the future. I have always been a fan of American muscle until I saw/heard a STI. Awsome forums though guys, alot of useful info here.
    So I wanna buy an STI

I Drive an 1989 GMc S-15

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, I hope you do purchase one. Also dont leave out the WRX, they can also be built to be pretty quick, sound great, and handle great. (Also cheaper on the pocket book) The STi is a very big step up because of the trans, controllers, brakes, suspension and seats, so both really are great cars and are both very enjoyable.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Good luck with your final decision and welcome to the club.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Vez
    Welcome! I traded in my Mustang for the STI. Apples and oranges, but if given the choice...STI oranges FTW!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Good luck on your quest. WRX or STi - either is a fine choice.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Back when the STi came out HOTROD magazine did a head to head test with a Cobra Mustang. The cover story. It was basically draw, but STi won in every performance category except fuel economy. I consider the MPG rating a win since they included the road course test miles. Hell yes you burn more fuel if you can keep your foot in it and turn faster laps. 16 vs 16.5 mpg, if I remember correctly.

Enjoy.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Welcome, I hope you do purchase one. Also dont leave out the WRX, they can also be built to be pretty quick, sound great, and handle great. (Also cheaper on the pocket book) The STi is a very big step up because of the trans, controllers, brakes, suspension and seats, so both really are great cars and are both very enjoyable.
    So when you say this do you mean that driving an STI is a challenge? Or is it just diffrent? I have drivin plenty of fast cars and I race go-karts(sodi). I was comparing the two(WRX and STI), and with all of the suspension up-grades to the STI I would think that it would be an easier car to handle.
    So I wanna buy an STI

I Drive an 1989 GMc S-15

No. He meant the STi already handles better because of it's suspension, etc.
    It just has more upgrades than the WRX has.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Welcome
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

welcome
    06 wrx tr stage 2
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/scoobync
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #067

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.