New 02 WRX Owner needs advice
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 02 WRX Owner needs advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; got a stock black 02 sedan off my buddy. it's mint. 76k miles. i gave him my 99outback and 4k ...

New 02 WRX Owner needs advice

got a stock black 02 sedan off my buddy. it's mint. 76k miles. i gave him my 99outback and 4k for it. it's got new tires and brakes all around. having the fuel smell problem fixed today under warranty. i haven't had a turbo car since my shelby charger back in 89. i don't know jack about which upgrades will give me the biggest bang for the buck so i'm looking for some help.

my goals with this thing:
    1. keep it stock on the outside except for headlights. maybe wheels later.
    2. find some kind of rack to get my mtn bikes to the trail
    3. get more hp out of it, while still passing MA emissions
    4. making it handle better without knocking my fillings out

Steve
    Last edited by edge; 03-07-2007 at 06:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by edge View Post
    got a stock black 02 sedan off my buddy. it's mint. 76k miles. i gave him my 99outback and 4k for it. it's got new tires and brakes all around. having the fuel smell problem fixed today under warranty. i haven't had a turbo car since my shelby charger back in 89. i don't know jack about which upgrades will give me the biggest bang for the buck so i'm looking for some help.

my goals with this thing:
    1. keep it stock on the outside except for headlights. maybe wheels later.
    2. find some kind of rack to get my mtn bikes to the trail
    3. get more hp out of it, while still passing MA emissions
    4. making it handle better without knocking my fillings out

Steve
    get yourself an accessport, check the classifieds i think someone has one for like 400 bucks, they are year specific.
    front and rear sways
    new set of tires
    maybe like a stage 1 cobb brake upgrade(piece one together yourself it might be cheaper)
    oh and a kartboy s.s. w/ front and rear bushings
    you will notice a big diff. in your car

also with the ap you could get a downpipe with a electric cutout so it seems stock but run the stage 2 map

Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate23488 View Post
    also with the ap you could get a downpipe with a electric cutout so it seems stock but run the stage 2 map

can you give me some details like which AP I should get and who makes a good downpipe with cut out? should i get an up pipe at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by edge View Post
    can you give me some details like which AP I should get and who makes a good downpipe with cut out? should i get an up pipe at the same time?

Its specific i believe that the 02-03 ap are the same. You could prob get a version 1 ap from someone on here.

I dont know if anyone sells dp with a cutout i think u need to buy a dp and the cutout and like weld it in. You might be able to find someone selling the combo but not likely. You could do uppipe now or later it doesnt really make it that much easier doin it now. I put all mine in at same time.

Easiest mods:

1) Upgrade rear swaybar
    2) Replace stock downpipe
    3) Get engine management like COBB
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Quote Originally Posted by wRxOne View Post
    Easiest mods:

1) Upgrade rear swaybar
    2) Replace stock downpipe
    3) Get engine management like COBB
    what's a good brand/model for a downpipe & rear sway? will i still pass emissions with an aftermarket downpipe?

I Support ClubWRX
    You can buy, say a cobb downpipe with a highflow cat, that should still pass emissions.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Most catted downpipes should pass emissions. Check out the Helix catted downpipe, they can be bought for around 350. Also an up-pipe would be a good idea.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Cusco, Whiteline sways... You might also want to swap the sway mounts to the 04 model since it's way stronger and better designed. The mounts are like $20 of well spent money.
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.