Hey Hey

This is a discussion on Hey Hey within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought an 03 WRX today. 49k miles and bone stock. Glad to have found ...

Hey Hey

Just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought an 03 WRX today. 49k miles and bone stock. Glad to have found one with such low miles because i really wanted a bugeye body style.

Probably wont be doing any mods since its under warranty till 99K miles.

The more I drive the car the more I like it, and Im waiting on it to snow again so I can really fall in love with it. Other than some snow drifting, I might get into autoX this summer and see how that goes.

Your forum has already answered alot of questions I have had and Im sure will be helpful in the future. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome I just got my Sti yesterday and love it, Enjoy

Welcome to the club. I am still partial to bugeyes. At least put an exhaust on the thing.

Glad the forum helped you. Welcome to the club.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Welcome to the Club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Here's some good reading for you:
    Everything you could want to know about Subarus and ClubWRX
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

And post up some pics of your new ride!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Welcome, I bet you will get the mod bug.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by stight View Post
    Welcome to the club. I am still partial to bugeyes. At least put an exhaust on the thing.
    +1
    an exhaust is easy enough to take off and put on if you need to have any warrenty work done you swap it out in a few minutes

Hey glad to have another Frederick WRX owner on here!!! I live in Fairfield, PA but I work in Frederick, so I'm always down there. LMK if you need anything or want to get together sometime. No I won't take you for a ride in my wrx, next thing you know you'll be shopping for exhaust, downpipes and engine management! lol j/k

What color wrx did you get and where did you get it? Any pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

thanks for all the kind words.

Picked it up in Leesburg, VA. I forgot to mention that it's silver and no pics yet. I am proud of it, but it's just a stock silver bugeye.

So like I was hoping for, there is some snow on the ground this morning and a few more inches suppossedly on the way. Very excited to be able to feel the AWD work.

I wouldn't put an exhaust mod out of the question though. Half the reason I wanted a WRX was the boxer sound. Im glad to have the warranty but i can't wait for it to expire.

i dont see how something as modest of a mod such as a catback would void any kind of warranty. A catback doesnt go far enough back to actually make a difference in the "stock" configuration of the car. So there really is no way an honest mechanic could tell you something went wrong with your car because of a catback exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    i dont see how something as modest of a mod such as a catback would void any kind of warranty. A catback doesnt go far enough back to actually make a difference in the "stock" configuration of the car. So there really is no way an honest mechanic could tell you something went wrong with your car because of a catback exhaust.
    +1

The first mod I did to my wrx was a catback. I did it while it was still under warranty and the dealership never said a word (but then again nothing went wrong with it). I did my homework and was patient and found the catback I was looking for at Westminster Speed and Sound. Yeah it was a little bit on the pricey side, but it was the one I wanted. With just the catback I experienced a slightly louder exhaust note. At least now you could hear it, but while not loud and overbearing. Very little performance gain if anything at all. It does look great b/c the large chamber muffler is polished.

Keep an eye on the For Sale section. People are changing their cars back to stock all day long and are selling catbacks and everything else at great prices. You can find everything you need for your wrx in there. Good luck and have fun!

Oh yeah, what tires are on your wrx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

Vez
    Welcome!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800