Engine Swap

This is a discussion on Engine Swap within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, Im a new subaru owner and i was looking at upgrading my wrx to an sti and I was ...

Engine Swap

Hi, Im a new subaru owner and i was looking at upgrading my wrx to an sti and I was just seeing if anyone knew how much it would cost to swap my 03 wrx engine for an sti engine Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you just want to upgrade the engine that's one thing, but, one STI engine does not an STI make. There is much more to it. So if your question is "How much would it cost to turn my '03 WRX into an STI?" then probably the easiest answer is "However much it would cost to sell your '03 WRX and buy a used STI." That should do the trick. Other than that, mod the hell out of your WRX and enjoy it.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    Hi, Im a new subaru owner and i was looking at upgrading my wrx to an sti and I was just seeing if anyone knew how much it would cost to swap my 03 wrx engine for an sti engine Thanks.
    you'll need more than just the engine to realize any extra power.

you'll need the STi's IC, front and rear differentials, driveshafts, and 6-speed at a minimum. the labor will probably cost you more than the parts.

add that to the cost of your brand new WRX, and you're paying $45K - $50K for an STi without the BBS wheels, brakes, faster steering rack, bushings, sway bars, alignment, etc etc etc.

if you wanted an STi for cheap buy an extremely used bugeye, swap the STi powertrain and drivetrain, and put in your own braking and suspension mods.

as it stands, you're stuck with your WRX so you might as well enjoy it for what it is.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.