Roof racks for the wrx sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Roof racks for the wrx sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got my hands around an '07 wrx sedan. It's the fastest four cylinder I've ever driven. Anyways, other than ...

Roof racks for the wrx sedan

Just got my hands around an '07 wrx sedan. It's the fastest four cylinder I've ever driven. Anyways, other than the standard aftermarket roof racks from thule or yakima, are there any other racks out there that fit in the rails along the roof instead of hanging on to the door jambs/sills? I wanna carry my longboard/snowboards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I read when looking for a solution for my bike: You can modify the Yakima rack so that it doesn't hold the on to the door jambs/sills. Do a search you'll see it.

i have been googling stuff for days. I keep getting the same stuff, (thule and yakima) with no modifications indicated. Do you recall the key words you used when searching?

I am searching for it myself. I'll report back when I have found the elusive link..

I am still searching... (bored @ work)

So far I found this pic.

It's on a what looks like a wagon but looks as if it could fit a sedan.

Here is another example of it being done on an actual sedan.

Here is ANOTHER !! Nicer look.

Here's the Link to the thread where I found them.

Good luck and when/if you pull it off let me know via pm with some info. Maybe I'll do one for my BMX. At the moment I take the wheel and the bars off and wrap it in a big blanket, put it in the back seat.

Talking

Hell yeah! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Now I need to find out how to do it. I've been to two places and neither place knew how to do it. I guess I gotta do more research on what part I need. I have everything Yakima except the clips needed and how to get under the weather-stripping.

here you go, did a quickie search on nabisco for ya

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...of+rack+window

thanks alot. this is the info, with pix, that i need.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.