Help which color should i pick.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help which color should i pick. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, This weekend im going in to my local subaru dealer to see if i can get an 07 Sti ...

Help which color should i pick(Update PICS On #1)

Hey,

This weekend im going in to my local subaru dealer to see if i can get an 07 Sti at the right price. I went there yesterday to talk to them about my trade in and they had about 9 of them on the lot. I took a look of all of the colors and the 2 of the colors i like and im haveing a hard time picking the one i want its ither Obsidian Black Pearl or Satin White Pearl help me pick.

Just got it today!

Proud to be apart of the suby family

Thanks

Matt C.
    Last edited by GoodTimes; 03-03-2007 at 07:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi welcome to the forum. Here's My 2 cents... Go with the White Pearl. I recently stole (not literally) my Aspen White 06 from my local dealer. Got one hell of a nice price they had two brand new 06 models left. But I had decided if the price wasn't right on the 06 I was getting a white pearl model they had on the showroom floor. The pearl is a beautiful color and every other make and model that has it charges extra for it, not so with the WRX thank you Subaru
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
    Hey,

This weekend im going in to my local subaru dealer to see if i can get an 07 Sti at the right price. I went there yesterday to talk to them about my trade in and they had about 9 of them on the lot. I took a look of all of the colors and the 2 of the colors i like and im haveing a hard time picking the one i want its ither Obsidian Black Pearl or Satin White Pearl help me pick.

Which color would you pick?

Thanks

Matt C.
    i have a Black one with golden wheels it looks badass but it is hard to maintain clean. take a look of a few pics in http://picasaweb.google.com/orvtech

Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
    Hey,

Which color would you pick?

Thanks

Matt C.
    And just speaking from experience, black cars are a NIGHTMARE to maintain! I owned a black Dodge Stealth R/T and Metallic Black 95 BMW M3 both black and both a constant challenge to keep looking good, lots of clay, polish and wax. Not saying I don't enjoy shining up the WRX I just dont want to do it on a weekly basis.
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

I've never been a fan of white cars and never really saw one of the whites really up close and in person...

...but I went a meet the other week, and saw a couple white STI's...Aspen White Pearl actually...and GDDAMN!!!!!!!!!! They were pretty...wasn't very sunny, but the blue pearl flake was shining through beautifully.

White is a great color for Subaru...but I don't think you can go wrong with either color. They both look great in person and great with the gold wheels...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    I have never been a fan of white cars until I just finished painting our project car white pearl. OBP is not a paint color, its an endless battle with the elements. I have OBP and it was the only color I wanted or would take at the time, and now 9 months and 14kmiles later, I wish I would hae taken any other color but OBP.

So I say go White you'll thank me later.

Heres a pic of the bright white pearl I painted. Looks good on subis.

2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Black looks best when clean period.
    White looks great all around.

Black looks like crap with just a bit of dirt on it.

I'd go with the White

white ftw!
    18g + ppg =

Quote Originally Posted by NYCS2 View Post
    Black looks best when clean period.
    White looks great all around.

Black looks like crap with just a bit of dirt on it.

I'd go with the White
    +1 million

Nothing looks quite as bad ass like black, but it is A PAIN to keep clean. It shows every swirl mark, every finger print and every drop of dirt and road grime. White is much easier to keep looking showroom fresh. But make sure you get what you want, last time I bought a car that wasn't what I really wanted I wound up dropping over 2K in a paint job for a car I traded two years later. It was blue by the way... My least favorite color on any car (Yes I love the racy Rally Blue) I just wouldn't want it on my daily driver. Not to mention 99% of the Subies in my area are WRB. Its BORING to look just like everyone else
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Don't get the satin it looks girly, I have no clue why they discontinued Aspen White. This was a bad mistake on Subaru's part. I would go for black if I had to pick out of the two, no questions asked.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Black looks awesome and makes the wrx look mean. However, Subaru paint sucks ass so chips, swirls, scatches etc are very likely and black shows these much more than other colors.

White is unique with the wrx's, makes the wrx look more classy, and is just all around pretty nice. However, it gets dirty easily.

I would def. go for the white though.
    If I could do it all over again, instead of my silver bugeye I would have tried to find a SRP (Sedona Red Pearl) and my next choice would have been Aspen White.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

BLACK

White is for commercial vehicles

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    BLACK

pwn3d
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

....Been waiting to use that one for a while...

P.S. Get the White...I love my REX as it is in black, but it is a pain to keep clean. Plus, the white WRXs look so darn hott with cf body pieces.
    Last edited by branemaniac; 03-01-2007 at 04:40 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    BLACK

or for public service

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.