02 wRx

This is a discussion on 02 wRx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys i'm thinking about buying a 02 or a 03 wRx. i was watching a video on streetfire.net and ...

02 wRx

Hey guys i'm thinking about buying a 02 or a 03 wRx. i was watching a video on streetfire.net and some guy dissed the wrx and said there transmission dies at 10k. and the car overall is not a good built car and has problems if you modify it.
    any suggestions?
    my other option is a 97-99 m3
    i have 14k to spend. any suggestions?
    \m/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah heres one, don't ever listen to what anyone has to say on that site. Just watch the videos. I've read a few comments before and all it is, is 12 year olds fighting over rice vs. V8.

Now for the info on wrx's. Never heard of them dying at 10k regularly. Maybe if you beat the hell out of them on a daily basis then sure, what car wouldn't.

When comparing the 02-03's to the newer wrx's there has been improvement's. But the cars are still a blast to drive and if regularly serviced, can last a good while.

Don't know much about BMW's but if you live in a place that sees a mix of weather conditions, the subie is your best bet.

m3 = rwd & expensive to maintain
    wrx = awd & pretty cheap to maintain
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING