Newbie.... well maybe

This is a discussion on Newbie.... well maybe within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im looking to purchase my first WRX here hopefully within the next 90 days. However im still very hesitant because ...

Newbie.... well maybe

im looking to purchase my first WRX here hopefully within the next 90 days.

However im still very hesitant because im not sure if i will be happy with one.
    I have never driven an all wheel drive vehicle FULL TIME. I live in northern virginia, right outside DC, and im not sure teh vehicles abilites in the rain/snow. I have talked to a few people who own them in my area, and they talk them up like they are the greatest, but one of my best friends OWNED one, and he got rid of it within 2 years saying he hated it in the rain and snow, saying the whole car would slide around at a take off. (something similar to a mustangs back end sliding at a take off, but this was the whole car sliding sideways).

I really REALLY love the car, and love the idea of getting one, however im also throwing around the idea of an 07 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (not the 4 door)

Part of me wants the jeep due to 4x4 features and removable top and doors are always an awesome touch.
    However, i feel i would rather buy a beater jeep and fix it and have a nice car such as the WRX as my daily driver.

So if anyone would be willing to take a few minutes and share some experience they have had with their WRX i would greatly appreciate it and help me possibly decide on picking up with WRX and avoid the Fairfax County Police Officers.
    I havent had a ticket for speeding in 4 years and im worried ill want to race again. (Had a 2000 Mustang and got 3 tickets in 6 months, not looking to re-live those days)

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to respond even if its a few sentences regarding their awesome driving experiences.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i love my wrx since the day i got it and finally got to take it out in the snow past few weeks and it got better traction then i thought. Its pretty good in the rain also i mean it spins just a little not too much though. Id say get a wrx and buy a cheap wrangler since theres plenty out there, put a 6 in lift and 35s on it. I do actaully own both and think they are two of my best choices of cars ever. You wont regret it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have never driven a better car in the snow than my wrx. I have owned a lifted 1500 chevy silverado and it wasnt as nice in the snow as my subaru. Last time it snowed here however I saw more Subarus and lifted trucks/stock 4x4s sliding around than anything. No matter what you drive, your not invincible.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

ya the DAY i got my WRX it was snowing. In fact not only was it really snowing it was an ICE storm. I was driving the wrx (as a new manual driver mind u) and i did not slide out at all. In fact there were some places i could go where no other 2 wheel drive vehichles could go. So i would say the wrx is a champ in the snow. Plus when its not snowing you will LOVE everything else it has to offer! you wont be dissappointed!
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

OH as far as racing lol. That just takes self control. lol im only 17 and i came from a volvo. a s70 (190 hp 199 lbs tof torque) i liked to redline it all the time. but now that i have a wrx i have not been driving like that. You will pry want to take care of it especially during the break in period (depending on if you get a new one). But im a 17 year old that has been able to resist racing i think you will be able to as well!
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61