New member...have a question :)

This is a discussion on New member...have a question :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey. I've read the boards for a few weeks now and it seems like there is a very nice community ...

New member...have a question :)

hey. I've read the boards for a few weeks now and it seems like there is a very nice community established here and I would like to be a part of it. There are many informative threads and welcoming members, and I am excited to join.

On to my question/concern...I have a '06 Impreza, basic, not a WRX unfortunately. I know the WRX is the main choice but I am wondering if it would be a complete waste to purchase upgrades for my car. I want a WRX but there is no way for one to be in my possession for a few years. So, do any of you recommend that I do any upgrades to my car, or save the money for when I do purchase a WRX? If you do deem it to be beneficial for me to upgrade my car, where shall I start?

Thanks to all who give a response and thanks for the great community!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    To be honest I'd focus on the handling of the car if you dont have a WRX. Trying to get power out of the N/A 2.5 is painful when you could just spend the money you would for turbo or head/cams on a WRX from the start.

If I were you I'd look into some rims/tires/sway bars/springs and a good bushing kit. This will allow your subaru to handle great. Alot of speed can be found in the turns.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I'm new here myself but here is my two cents. A few years ago I had the chance to get a nice Impreza for a great price. The idea was to get all the lastest mods and and find a local hot rod shop to do the wrenching. Or maybe even do it myself ... Then I thought twice
    I saved and suffered and finally got my WRX STi and in my opinion well worth the wait. I made the right choice. Given the chance I would do it all over again. Maybe save up for more options. If you do upgrade then I agree with 302 unless your change motors. Then focus under the hood!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GiZZ054 View Post
    hey. I've read the boards for a few weeks now and it seems like there is a very nice community established here and I would like to be a part of it. There are many informative threads and welcoming members, and I am excited to join.

On to my question/concern...I have a '06 Impreza, basic, not a WRX unfortunately. I know the WRX is the main choice but I am wondering if it would be a complete waste to purchase upgrades for my car. I want a WRX but there is no way for one to be in my possession for a few years. So, do any of you recommend that I do any upgrades to my car, or save the money for when I do purchase a WRX? If you do deem it to be beneficial for me to upgrade my car, where shall I start?

Thanks to all who give a response and thanks for the great community!
    I have ridden in a couple modified suspensioned 2.5s and they are really very nice. The power with the 5 speed throu and out of the turns is really not to bad. I would lower it, put some nice struts under it and get some good sway bars.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

As stated above go with suspension upgrades - good tires and wheels first.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

awesome, thanks for the quick replies. so the general idea is to upgrade tires/sway bars/rims etc to improve the handling...sounds good.

I Support ClubWRX
    You cannot run well without proper shoes.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the Club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING