LONGEST 1000 Miles ever !!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on LONGEST 1000 Miles ever !!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This break in period is killing me!!! I know its worth it but it seems like the longest thousand miles ...

Question LONGEST 1000 Miles ever !!!

This break in period is killing me!!! I know its worth it but it seems like the longest thousand miles ive ever clocked on a car!!!

I can't wait to drive and finally get over the 4k mark. Can any 06-07 WRX drivers out their answer a question for me? What rpm range does the car start to flatten out? Does it pull all the way to redline or start to die before 6k? Last car was heavy modded Mustang GT that would completely fall on its face at 5200 rpm but would easily spin with factory rev limit to 6000.
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pain

Man I feel your pain. I just FINALLY finished my breakin after weeks of waiting. I worked so damn much I wasnt able to get out and just drive to add the miles. Let me tell you... when I finally finished and got the oil changed... well needless to say, it has been GLORIOUS.

i know how you feel. only 300 miles on mine, 700 to go and also trying to fight the mod bug, so far so good. *cough* ...must...buy...gauges..!!!!*cough*
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #087

Talking

I know!!! Its tough, im fighting hard too... I voided the warranty on my Mustang the next day after purchasing it. O/R Hpipe, tune and within a week wet nitrous kit! lol I do not want to get crazy with my WRX! I must admit I have already ordered a OEM STI spoiler, scheduled an apointment for window tint, and will probably have my Cobb Accessport Stage 1 before spring is over... When the mod bug bites it bites hard !!!
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Question

Quote Originally Posted by StylesJim View Post
    Man I feel your pain. I just FINALLY finished my breakin after weeks of waiting. I worked so damn much I wasnt able to get out and just drive to add the miles. Let me tell you... when I finally finished and got the oil changed... well needless to say, it has been GLORIOUS.
    I CANT WAIT !!! So did you go synthetic for the oil or did you use a good standard oil? I'm thinking syn blend for mine, I ran syn blend for 60,000 rough hard miles I my past car and was always pleased, easy 5k between changes.
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

My 06 has like 1900 miles on it and it is a beast!! I notice that when I really get on it, my car will pull strongly up until like 6300rpms. I then shift and keep going!

I heard something about our trannies and engine have some plastic mounts that maybe are a factor for concern? Anyone? Just putting it out there, cuz I love my baby and i dont want to f it in the a for some "spirited driving."
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

After reading all of the posts here I wasnt sure whether to go for the syn or the good ol' boy oil. The shop manager at my local dealer, who has been with Subaru for some good 30 years, said that if it was his, he would wait for the syn until around 3000. Given he has seen more STIs in his shop than I have seen on the street, I went with his advice. I swore I would not mod anything... I am already looking into short throw shifters... and I am sure that is just the start.

Power-band starts to flatten out around 5.5k depending on enviroment and other variables. That's an average, or at least from what I've seen.

I used standard oil for the first 3 to let everything settle and get good seals, then went with synthetic "hard driving" oil

First thing I did after my 2nd oil change was top it out, so I don't blame ya. But my mods started on the first day....

I've decided to go with a good syn blend Castrol 5w30 just did my first oil change at 1200 on the dot. And even thou most people say its a waste, I plan on doing a change at least every 3-4k after that.
    And I finally got to go out and play... Just like mentioned above my car seems to really fall flat around 5500, althou it does spin freely to 6k and above. BUT DAMN I LOVE THIS CAR!!! You don't get the kick in the stomach torque im used to, but the boxer engine note and the turbo spool make up for it!!!

There is no car out there that gives you the thrill and joy of driving in the WRX price range! I feel as you all probably do that I made a great choice! Althou I must admit I do miss the instant torque and smoke on demand of my old Mustang GT (highly modded) , the overall package of the WRX is more fun and practical for me... Hell of a lot easier to take a trip and drop my son of at school ... lol Oh and I NOW HAVE A TRUNK AGAIN !!!
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Quote Originally Posted by StylesJim View Post
    After reading all of the posts here I wasnt sure whether to go for the syn or the good ol' boy oil. The shop manager at my local dealer, who has been with Subaru for some good 30 years, said that if it was his, he would wait for the syn until around 3000. Given he has seen more STIs in his shop than I have seen on the street, I went with his advice. I swore I would not mod anything... I am already looking into short throw shifters... and I am sure that is just the start.
    Yeah a short throw shifter would be nice, but I think Ill stick with the stock unit... I'm afraid of generating extra cabin noise by changing it. Im not sure if its the same as Camaros and Mustangs, they get a little annoying when you install a short throw... you hear more audible garbage while driving. If anyone has one installed on an 06-07 chime in and give a quick review
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.