Quick question need some help deciding please

This is a discussion on Quick question need some help deciding please within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ROO has a small hole in his exhaust, i was thinking about getting a full decat done. Should i replace ...

Quick question need some help deciding please

ROO has a small hole in his exhaust, i was thinking about getting a full decat done.

Should i replace the damaged exhaust or should i say sod it and go for the decat ?

If i go for the decat do i need to have anything else done to compensate the cat converter ?

PLEASE HELP !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What section is leaking? Mid-section, muffler?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    What section is leaking? Mid-section, muffler?

I have been told it is the bit from the downpipe to the cat it's about 2.5 feet long, don't have a clue what it is called though.

Thanks

DONNA XxX

Sounds like a good excuse to do a full turbo back. You only see/hear one hole. How much rot is in the rest of the system? Good story?

You do not have to delete the cat. A high flow one doesn't cost much power, but will typically add a few more quid to the price.

I don't know if you will need engine management to prevent boost creep in the UK, 2 ltr, STi.

Good luck.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Try and maintain the cats or at least a hi-flo unit. Not too sure when your MOT is due as this may be a problem. Since my car is an '05, I am exempt for 3 years but eventually will be popping in a hi-flo cat.

In any case, definitely a good reason to swap out for a new turbo back kit if you are in need of repairs of the stock bits.

Perhaps Andy can comment more on MOT's for Subies with TBE's as I have only lived here since '04.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.