Im Back to Subies, FUTURE PLANS....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Im Back to Subies, FUTURE PLANS.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I used to own a 2003 WRX, it was stolen and when it was recovered it was considered totaled... ...

Im Back to Subies, FUTURE PLANS....

Ok, I used to own a 2003 WRX, it was stolen and when it was recovered it was considered totaled... anyways, I drive an audi a4 right now, but im selling it soon and getting either a 04 or 05 WRX, in either aspen white or the darker color silver... anyways, im going GO befre SHOW this time... here is what im thinking for my setup... tell me what you think. What kind of power should I be seeing with this setup:

-As for headers and uppipe, ive seen this combo on ebay... from ssautochrome... I know they are crap in the audi world, but what about for wrxs? anyone use this combo? how is is working, holding up, fitment issues? power gains? also is is crap, would you recommend it, also does it look nice? Its only $145 plus $38 for shipping...

Okay, heres another option I found on ebay.. for $199.99 plus $30 for shipping, its another combo headers and uppipe from Megan Racing...

Next I want to add full exhaust, so from what I understand I would need a full catback exhaust if I went with headers and uppipe... is this correct? For the exhaust I was looking into the ERZ 3" exhaust... is this recommended? Does anyone have this? Does it give you a rumble of the boxer engine or more of a rice sound? I dont want the rice sound. I found this on ebay as well for $145.88 plus $100 for shipping...

Or I was also looking into the HKS Hi-Power exhaust, ive heard only good things about that one, Ive found it for $469.99 and $80 for shipping...

Then I will be adding a FMIC kit, Ive read up and everyone has said that the XS Power FMIC kit sold on ebay is a good purchase, and it also comes with a Modded Front Bumper Support.

Also, will I need a downpipe or have I already covered that...

Anyways, I had the HKS SS BOV on my old 03 WRX, not that I really care about sound, I prefer performance first, but has anyone went with a Tial 50mm BOV, or the new Samco BOV? Does anyone know if those have more of a loner lasting deep sound rather than the HKS SS BOV's loud high pitch sound? Ive had a Greddy Type-S, HKS SS, and Turbo XS RFL in the past on my audi, and so far the Greddy Type-S had the deepest sound which I prefer.

Also, Ive been searching day and night on these forums, but its not very clear when you read about turbo upgrades... I want a bolt-on turbo that will only need new injectors.. is there anyway going about this that I would not need to have it tuned... dumb question, but I must ask. Also, about how much is tuning bigger turbo setups? What sould I go with?

As for intake... give me some recommendations, I was thining of going with the INJEN Short Ram intake... will this clear with the XS Power FMIC piping?

Also, one more question, I noticed that in a lot of users pics, that have a FMIC kit, can you still have the front upper strut tower brace? Is there room for it to cross without rubbing the piping with the strut bar? I was thinking of going with a Tein Front Strut Bar.

Heres a pic with it installed however not with a FMIC... im worried that the piping might rub it.

Thanks guys for all your answers and help in advance, and for having paitence with me, im new to the wrx world once again, and ive been modding audis for the past year and a half.... big change in performance, etc.
    1994 Honda Accord - SOLD
    1993 Honda Civic B18 Turbo - SOLD
    1994 Acura Integra Turbo GSR - SOLD
    2003 WRX - STOLEN/RECOVERED... TOTALED
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T - SOLD

WANTED - 2004-2005 WRX or STi, Aspin White, or Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

for the headers see my post in other thread, an exhaust will never sound rice on a wrx... unless you get equal length headers

for turbo upgrades go to Cobb's website and see for what turbos they have off the shelf maps for like the VF-34,39 but you will need to upgrade more than the injectors no matter what turbo you use... injectors, fuel pump, ic, engine management (Cobb is the easiest)
    Last edited by bkotzman00; 02-09-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

I would definitely skip the headers, BOV and intake. There are many reasons and threads here explaining the negative issues they create.

Get a thicker rear sway bar - the strut brace is not needed much on a WRX due to the location of the strut towers being mounted near the firewall (adds rigidity).

Some further reading for you - pleease have a look:

Support Threads (FAQ): Everything you need

Good First Mods

Unabomber's Manifesto
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.