Hello people, soon WRX owner with a question

This is a discussion on Hello people, soon WRX owner with a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey what's up everyone, I just landed a 2004 WRX which I'll be the proud owner of in about 1 ...

Hello people, soon WRX owner with a question

Hey what's up everyone, I just landed a 2004 WRX which I'll be the proud owner of in about 1 week. I figure I'll be sticking around here pretty often once I get rolling with it. My question is what grade of oil does the 2.0L take? The reason I ask is I have a case of Mobil1 10/30 sitting in my garage. I'm gonna change the oil in my truck before I sell it, and I don't want to waste the nice expensive oil on my truck if I can save it for the WRX.

I can't wait to take it home. I just have to wait until the title is cleared in about 5 days. It's a 2004 WRX, 48k miles, great condition. I love the color- java black pearl (black with gold metallic)

This is the only pic I have as of now, it's a little dirty here. As soon as I get it I'm going to give it a good quality cleaning and take some pretty shots of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The manual calls for 5w/30.....but i run 10w/30 in the summer with no problems..........

EDIT: Nice Subie by the way, and welcome to the club
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Banned
    nice man .. how much was it

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome to the club!

10W-30 is fine for warmer weather. In NY? I would recommend 5W-30 Mobil during the cold we are now having.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Alrighty 5W30 it is, at least I can store away the case of 10W30 for the summer, at $6/qt I'm not gonna waste it on a truck I'm about to sell

Thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to join up.

I'm paying $17k for the car. It's a good buy. The guy is selling it because he's getting married and they want a more practical car. He kept it well maintained, and it's beyond loaded (premium sound, heated seats, sunroof, remote start, tints, lojack, new tires/brakes...) I don't even care about most of that fluff, hey it's a WRX, that's all that matters. But it doesn't hurt. The lojack is pretty cool though, a little peace of mind for me.

nice car

I'm at your avatar.

Welcome to the club.