Hello people, soon WRX owner with a question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello people, soon WRX owner with a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey what's up everyone, I just landed a 2004 WRX which I'll be the proud owner of in about 1 ...

Hello people, soon WRX owner with a question

Hey what's up everyone, I just landed a 2004 WRX which I'll be the proud owner of in about 1 week. I figure I'll be sticking around here pretty often once I get rolling with it. My question is what grade of oil does the 2.0L take? The reason I ask is I have a case of Mobil1 10/30 sitting in my garage. I'm gonna change the oil in my truck before I sell it, and I don't want to waste the nice expensive oil on my truck if I can save it for the WRX.

I can't wait to take it home. I just have to wait until the title is cleared in about 5 days. It's a 2004 WRX, 48k miles, great condition. I love the color- java black pearl (black with gold metallic)

This is the only pic I have as of now, it's a little dirty here. As soon as I get it I'm going to give it a good quality cleaning and take some pretty shots of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The manual calls for 5w/30.....but i run 10w/30 in the summer with no problems..........

EDIT: Nice Subie by the way, and welcome to the club
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Banned
    nice man .. how much was it

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome to the club!

10W-30 is fine for warmer weather. In NY? I would recommend 5W-30 Mobil during the cold we are now having.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Alrighty 5W30 it is, at least I can store away the case of 10W30 for the summer, at $6/qt I'm not gonna waste it on a truck I'm about to sell

Thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to join up.

I'm paying $17k for the car. It's a good buy. The guy is selling it because he's getting married and they want a more practical car. He kept it well maintained, and it's beyond loaded (premium sound, heated seats, sunroof, remote start, tints, lojack, new tires/brakes...) I don't even care about most of that fluff, hey it's a WRX, that's all that matters. But it doesn't hurt. The lojack is pretty cool though, a little peace of mind for me.

nice car

I'm at your avatar.

Welcome to the club.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.