waziiiii=newbieeee
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on waziiiii=newbieeee within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys im new to the game and im lookin to buy either a wrx or an sti and ive ...

waziiiii=newbieeee

hey guys im new to the game and im lookin to buy either a wrx or an sti and ive been debating for so long on wheather i should get the wrx or the sti...i mean yeah its kinda obvious but its a lil more then that to me. i wanna know if i can get the wrx and make it just as awesome as the sti and if itll save me any money.
    Last edited by waziiiii; 01-29-2007 at 06:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    No you can't. Buy the sti

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpimp View Post
    WOW! That was blunt!

To the OP, yes, I believe that if you get a nice WRX and flash stage 2 and some minor supporting mods, you could have a car comparable to the STI. You of course wont have the 6 speed tranny or the DCCD, but that could be done in the future if needed. (maybe the tranny swap would not save you money)

It all comes down to what you want really. If you want a car that is really fast out of the box, but extremely dangerous if you arent careful, then get the STI (not saying the WRX is safer), but if you want something that has some bawlz and you can relatively easily integrate yourself into the AWD/turbo world, then the WRX is my recommendation.

I drive an 06 WRX and I love it. I actually am hesitant in the STI area because I dont trust myself with that much power and potential.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

yeah good point...to tell the truth the only thing i really wanted off the sti would be the 6-speed tranny, i was also thinking whats a good upgrade turbo the the 06/07 wrx and if i should wait for an upgrade and get exhaust and such first...what does flash stage two mean...i have like so many questions lol and is the 07 wrx a "nice" wrx i hope it is cuz i really like it...and what the heck is the diff. between wrx sedan and tr...please help
    Last edited by waziiiii; 01-29-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Banned
    The tranny alone in the sti is worth the price difference from wrx to sti. If you plan on heavily modding your car you should get the sti. Its a much better and stronger point to start from.

I see you have many questions you should use the search button. All of those questions that you asked can be answered by searching.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpimp View Post
    ^^ True. If you can afford it, go STi.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.