Thinking about buying a used 2005 STI

This is a discussion on Thinking about buying a used 2005 STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I'm new here so expect me to ask some dumb questions and such but I need you guys ...

Cool Thinking about buying a used 2005 STI

Hey guys I'm new here so expect me to ask some dumb questions and such but I need you guys to tell me if I'm getting a good deal on this 2005 sti with 39000 miles. The guy is asking for 23k for his non modded adult owned car and I'm considering it greatly, but would like your opinions first of course! What do you guys think about the price and the miles... Could I get a better deal? And my price budget right now is around 25k, should I try to look for an 06? Anyway any help would be appreciated and yeah, I hope to be a part of you guys soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Club

i dont think thats a bad price for an 05... also get a carfax and look @ kbb.com to see what the car is worth... i think thats not a bad price tho
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Kelley's blue book says about 23,370... so it's under it by a little but not that much, I don't know though is 39,000 a lot of miles to be buying an sti with? Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Nekasrofd View Post
    Kelley's blue book says about 23,370... so it's under it by a little but not that much, I don't know though is 39,000 a lot of miles to be buying an sti with? Hm...
    no i dont think so
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Does the car show its miles? Are the tires worn, brakes, etc? How about the exterior and interior? These are tell tale signs of how well the previous owner cared for the car. Same for maintenance records.

In my opinion, 39,000 miles is not a lot for an '05. If you take into account the car could have been bought in '04.

I would seriously consider it if I was in the market.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

That sounds like a good price considering the car is in great condition, and if it is adult owned and stock, you might actually have found an STi that has some easy miles on it

I would definitely take it for a good drive first, but IMO that is a good deal, I bought my 05 for 28k OTD with 10k miles on it, post up pics if you get it!
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

If the car seems to be in good condition and was well taken care of, I'd say go for it. I wouldn't be too worried about the mileage, if cared for these cars tend to be pretty reliable. If anything, the high miles might be an indication of highway driving and not a lot of short, stop and go trips. It seems like a pretty good price to me...

Welcome to the club!