No license plates in pics?

This is a discussion on No license plates in pics? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At the risk of sounding naive: I always see people's license plates blacked out in pictures. My first impression is ...

Vez

No license plates in pics?

At the risk of sounding naive:

I always see people's license plates blacked out in pictures. My first impression is that they want to protect their privacy and not give out any personal information. However, your license plate is more or less, public information. I can look out my window and get a license plate designation. So, why do people black it out in pics? Am I missing something completely obvious?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it's public information, but if you don't have it it's a bit harder to find out where someone lives without actually seeing their car.

I didn't do it with past vehicles because I had stuff in the car that everyday people couldn't see. Like my stereo for example, and I'd post pics up, so i'd block out the license plate to avoid theft.

Vez
    Cool, thanks. That all sounds fair enough.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..

My Avatar was taken before I had to put on the plates. Since I have one of the first STi's I don't list my home town. Not a big deal now, but back in 2003...

WebFoot is a knick for an Oregonian.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

if your on nasioc they will report you as street racing and get you in trouble if you post your plates

^ isnt that a bit nosey>?

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
    if your on nasioc they will report you as street racing and get you in trouble if you post your plates
    How??? They have no proof unless the picture actually shows two people lined up with someone flagging them to go...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Vez
    Yeah, I can't see any substance for them making that accusation. However, if that really is the case, I wonder what their motivation is... Why would they care if you could see my plate? One way or the other, they could report all they like, it wouldn't make it true.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

I'm thinking this is just nabisco bashing and the incidents of that happening are few and far between.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwisSlesS View Post
    I'm thinking this is just nabisco bashing and the incidents of that happening are few and far between.
    Yeah, but it's happened in the past and who knows when Nastycrock's OT will get too wound up and need some release again. Getting someone busted for street racing is like and OT orgasm over there.

Interesting...I wish I could find more information on that. Me thinks that when the people took it to court if, they sucked balls at trying to defend themselves, and probably got incriminated themselves with the answers to questioning...

I don't condone street racing...I just participate
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Paranoid.

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics