New member with a dilemma
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member with a dilemma within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New to the forums, been browsing for awhile. Here's my story as short as possible. Age 16, honda accord with ...

New member with a dilemma

New to the forums, been browsing for awhile.

Here's my story as short as possible.

Age 16, honda accord with 195K miles was given to me, put 20K miles on it with no problems.
    worked, saved money, went to school full time.
    Age 19 purchased a 2006 civic lx in april of 06 for 16.5K.
    Paid it off in july, and sold civic lx in august of 06 for $16.4 after deciding it wasn't fast enough for me.
    Purchased a 2006 black civic si in august, paid 22.5K for it with navigation.
    I want a WRX now, my si is paid off, it's only 200HP, and I want a WRX, for the turbo, the boxer engine, the AWD.

I can either put a supercharger on my car for $4K in june, and have 300whp with FWD OR I can try and get a good price for my car and get a WRX.

What is your opinion? I would most likely buy new since the WRX's are rarely stock used. Do you think I could get one for $23K? I'd rather not get a TR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamH View Post

Here's my story as short as possible.

Age 16, honda accord with 195K miles was given to me, put 20K miles on it with no problems.
    worked, saved money, went to school full time.
    Age 19 purchased a 2006 civic lx in april of 06 for 16.5K.
    Paid it off in july, and sold civic lx in august of 06 for $16.4 after deciding it wasn't fast enough for me.
    Purchased a 2006 black civic si in august, paid 22.5K for it with navigation.
    I want a WRX now, my si is paid off, it's only 200HP, and I want a WRX, for the turbo, the boxer engine, the AWD.

I can either put a supercharger on my car for $4K in june, and have 300whp with FWD OR I can try and get a good price for my car and get a WRX.

What is your opinion? I would most likely buy new since the WRX's are rarely stock used. Do you think I could get one for $23K? I'd rather not get a TR
    Why not the TR? Only difference is 1 din stereo and non auto climate control.

Anyways normal rex is only $1000 more.

I got my TR for $23.5 plus tax and liscense.
    Normal wrx $23. is really pushin it new.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

dont think you will get a new non TR wrx for $23k. you can find new 2006 TRs for $21k in some places and 2007s for $22k range, but it will be hard to find a dealer willing to discount a non TR that much because they are a lot harder to come by..we have not even had one in 2007 models and only had a handful for 2006 models.

you can always try but dont be disappointed if you cant get a non TR for $23k.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    dont think you will get a new non TR wrx for $23k. you can find new 2006 TRs for $21k in some places and 2007s for $22k range, but it will be hard to find a dealer willing to discount a non TR that much because they are a lot harder to come by..we have not even had one in 2007 models and only had a handful for 2006 models.

you can always try but dont be disappointed if you cant get a non TR for $23k.
    The standard WRX a rarity?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

The standard WRX a rarity?
    Yep.

We get tons of TR's, LIMITEDs, STI's and wagons, but have yet to get a standard WRX for the 2007 model and only had a few in 2006.

If you are able to find a dealer with an 06 still in stock, you can probably get it for 24 out the door. Example: The dealership I bought my 06 WRX Limited from still had some left like 2 weeks ago and they were selling them for 25000 without having to negotiate. And BTW, you are savage by paying off your cars so fast.
    Last edited by 2006WRX4ME; 01-16-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Get the WRX if for no other reason than front wheel drive is LAME.

What is the TR edition?

Quote Originally Posted by STiNoob View Post
    What is the TR edition?
    Its the Poor Man's WRX.
    • No Fog Lights
    • Unpainted Mirrors
    • Manual HVAC
    • 1 CD Stereo
    • 05 WRX Side Skirts
    • Impreza 2.5i Grey/Black seats
    • No spoiler
    • No sunroof

You shouldnt have any issue getting a WRX Sedan for $23k. I got my 05 WRX w/ Premium Package ($27k msrp) for $24,000 back in Dec 2004.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Welcome to the Club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Well I checked out below invoice dealers, and its not much, I got quotes from dealers that is like the same price as going through carsdirect or cars.com.

I am pulling my hair out, still undecided about what to choose......supercharged 300hp FWD on a reliable 6 speed tranny that will last with a tight frame and handling, or stage2 235hp WRX with glass tranny and sloppy gear box.

I was quoted $22,950 for an 07 TR, I really need to get closer to 22 because tax will bring it around 24 which I think I can get for my civic.

Is it possible to get a better deal?

Well I checked out below invoice dealers, and its not much, I got quotes from dealers that is like the same price as going through carsdirect or cars.com.

I am pulling my hair out, still undecided about what to choose......supercharged 300hp FWD on a reliable 6 speed tranny that will last with a tight frame and handling, or stage2 235hp WRX with glass tranny and sloppy gear box.

I was quoted $22,950 for an 07 TR, I really need to get closer to 22 because tax will bring it around 24 which I think I can get for my civic.

Is it possible to get a better deal?
    Ok ok, you need to step back take a deep breath and realize that the Civic will only get you so far. Yes, you could mod it to some high number, but what for? To get insane torque steer? To have your tires slip at the track and run times equal to cars w/ half the horsepower?

Glass Tranny? Not since 2002.

Sloppy Gearbox...I had a 2002 Acura RSX, so i know a butter smooth tranny. Just get the STi Short Shift Kit and you will be fine.

Go to your local dealers website that has the car you want (on the lot). Now when you search their New Car Inventory their should be an option "make an offer." Now, type in the price you want (not out the door of course, but you know what i mean). Now you are dealing with the Internet Sales Manager or the Fleet Manager, either way you are working w/ someone who wants to move inventory not make commission. Tell them $23,000 or whatever you want. They should accept it since its a Subaru, near just after year end, and i am sure their are specials going on.

Now if you dont get as low as you want, but you want a WRX you have one more choice, well 2. 1) go to a different dealership, 2) go to a Saab dealership and buy a Saab 9-2x Aero which is the same car but in a wagon and w/ a Saab logo and different seats.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 01-19-2007 at 01:36 AM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I actually have LSD on my car it comes stock. And I have never felt a 6 speed tranny as buttery as my car. Maybe since I want a spoiler I can ask for 22.5 with spoiler and go from there.

be careful in low balling them too low...sometimes it can just tick a dealer off and they wont work with you any longer or will be limited in their discounting.

Well I got a quote out the door with taxes on a TR:
    $24,878.00 w/Spoiler and $24,587.00 without the Spoiler not bad.

I am looking now at perhaps spending a little more and just jumping up to a used STI, for the better build and tranny reliability, +fun factor and insurance isn't much more for me than a wrx.

What would an 05 STi with around 30K miles run me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.