just bought 04 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on just bought 04 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; arite i just bought a 04 wrx nd yea i know some stuff about the cars nd hear alot .. ...

just bought 04 wrx

arite i just bought a 04 wrx nd yea i know some stuff about the cars nd hear alot .. but i wanted to know from you guys are they reliable cars ... lots of problems...anything i should be careful about doing you know that kind of stuff ... how many miles until those cars take a dump??? arite well talk to you guys later

richard

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Congrats on getting your own WRX!

Here's everything and anything you need to know about subies:
    Useful information regarding Subarus and ClubWRX
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Engine performance FAQ

As for WRX reliability:
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx
    If you search around the forums a bit, you'll see that there are many people who have passed the 100,000 mile marker on stock and slightly modded wrx's. Granted, the more mods that you put on ANY car, the more power will be forced on the stock internals, thus lowering the reliablity of the car. After about Stage 2 (turboback exhaust and Engine Managment), reliablity starts to diminsh. I would hardly say the tranny is terrible.... it just isnt great. The 02/03's had it worst, but the 04/05's transmissions were upgraded, along with the 06's. If you read the horror stories of people breaking their transmission, it usually happens to second gear... because most of them slam it into second while racing. The car was designed to have 200 some odd horsepwer running through it, but slamming into second in an AWD car is extremely tough on the tranny. Do it enough and it WILL break. But there are people who run 300awhp on stock 02 trannys and have no problem, so it all depends on the driver....treat your car nicely, and it wont die on you! Overall, i would definately say that WRX's are reliable cars.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

arite thanks for the info. one other question ... is it normal for when you first start your car the idle rpm is lik 1200 nd eventually drops back down to like 700 ? sry it may be a stupid question but im still in the whole inspection phase for just buying a used car ...?

richard

Mine does that if it's cold. When it warms up it'll drop back down.

now I have to go back and fix Speedette's handy work j/k

totaly normal under colder conditions. I have an 04 with 50k, 10K at stage 2, 5k at stage 1 floor it at least once a week and was at a few races with no problems at all just had the alternator replaced once
    Last edited by bkotzman00; 01-16-2007 at 09:29 AM.
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Peachypumpkincheeks

oops, i'm such a moderator n00b
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

<---02 WRX at Cobb stage 2, with no problems whatsoever......well at least ones that i didnt create.......but what do i know, i just hit 24,000 miles like two weeks ago....
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

=(

ok so today my car decided to start randomly to puff out white smoke with like a rele rich smell but something else to it as well ... i talked to a tech and he thinks its probly just a coolant problem ... but would a coolant problem cause my car to loose power .. 3 hours ago i was pulling pretty damn hard now i get on it nd its like um okkk wheres the power? .. ah i hate this well let me know what you guys think it is ...thanks

richard

I'm no expert, and im sure one will chime it to correct me if i'm wrong......but white smoke is def. coolant related....and the loss of power might have something to do with your turbo....does it make any wierd noises when you try to spool it up?? Do you have a boost guage?? If so have the readings changed???
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club Richard!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

yea my turbo does make a weird noise ive never heard b4 on a car i dont know if its normal on these but yea ... my boost gauge is reading 15vac nd i know you usually vac at 20 if im correct .. nd my idle gets a little shakky at times so yea it makes sence ... thanks and get back to me

richard

Quote Originally Posted by rich_wrx0911 View Post
    yea my turbo does make a weird noise ive never heard b4 on a car i dont know if its normal on these but yea ... my boost gauge is reading 15vac nd i know you usually vac at 20 if im correct .. nd my idle gets a little shakky at times so yea it makes sence ... thanks and get back to me

richard
    What does the noise sound like???
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

i dont know .. its hard to explain like when im just crusing not in boost or anything you can hear it coming from the turbo on the right side of the motor nd its almost like a clik or something and right when i get into boost then all you hear is it spooling but i dont know .. its just hard to explain nd i havnt slept in 2 days so im not making much sence rite now .. get back to me tho ttyl

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.