02 03 opinions

This is a discussion on 02 03 opinions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im planning on buying a silver 2002 or 2003 WRX.. I am having some trouble finding out all the differences ...

02 03 opinions

Im planning on buying a silver 2002 or 2003 WRX.. I am having some trouble finding out all the differences and available options for them. I have some general information about the difference but am looking for some more help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For the most part the 02/03's were the same. Some of the later model 03's had a bit of a tranny upgrade though.

As for options, the early wrx's were pretty limited with options. You could option for a boost gauge, a short shifter, upgraded sound system, and spt exhaust. Those were the only factory upgrades available that I can think of now.

With some of the later years they started to introduce upgrades such as sunroof, leather, etc...
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The 02's also experienced cold clutch shudder and a raw fuel smell in cold weather. Both of which are rather costly to fix.

major upgrade from 02 to 03 was the illuminated key ring.

thats pretty much it. thats what the spec sheets say. everything else is pretty much identical. I have an 03, and I love it.
    "Women: Shopping, Hair, Diets. What's the mystery? - AC Slater (Saved by the Bell)

#102 - BugEye Mafia - "Cabana Boy"