new to subaru tuning ecu question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new to subaru tuning ecu question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im not interested in cobb upgrade because im not going to be going very crazy im only upgrading a up ...

Question new to subaru tuning ecu question

im not interested in cobb upgrade because im not going to be going very crazy im only upgrading a up pipe down pipe and full 3" exhaust now who do you send you ecu to to have the origonal maps hacked??? im use to using hondata and honda ecus ive heard subbies ecu is hard to unlock.. any helpfull info would be greatly appreiciated.. anthony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Doing that and you are a step towards Stage 2. If you aren't doing any crazy modding, then an AP is the smartest and easiest to do. A full exhaust with a AP flash to Stage 2, and bam...you're full stage two and it fully satisfies all you want to do.

Plus with an AP, you get all sorts of other maps. Go back to stock if you want, you can have maps to limit boost, get better gas mileage...etc.

...btw...you might want to put this in the "engine management" part. Thats where you will find answers better-especially because a bunch of people do the OpenECU deal, where you can download maps and flash it yourself with a laptop and a Tactrix cable...

...BTW-Welcome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Banned
    free flash FTW. Was very easy to use and flashed in arounda minute not the usual 10 minute ordeal associated by cobb's ap. Tactrix cable was the best 90 bucks I ever spent.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    free flash FTW. Was very easy to use and flashed in arounda minute not the usual 10 minute ordeal associated by cobb's ap. Tactrix cable was the best 90 bucks I ever spent.
    AP 2.0 is supposed to cut flash times down DRAMATICALLY. I don't have personal experience, but here's a quick interview with Mr. Cobb himself explaining the AP 2.0 http://videos.hspn.com/?videoid=71&catid=16
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    this man has the right idea, you get a cable and buy a freeflash from someone else for 100 bucks and boom you're stage II without spending 650 bucks on an AP.

I Support ClubWRX
    cheap, but if you take your car in for a warranty claim, that's gonna be a lot easier for them to deny than the accessport. AP has a factory reset that actually copies the stock data to it on the install, and when you reset it AP actually copies the stock back, and resets the checksum so the dealership can't prove anything.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Uh, you have no idea what you're talking about do you.

You can download your stock rom and reflash it back to the car in about 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    cheap, but if you take your car in for a warranty claim, that's gonna be a lot easier for them to deny than the accessport. AP has a factory reset that actually copies the stock data to it on the install, and when you reset it AP actually copies the stock back, and resets the checksum so the dealership can't prove anything.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, but there's a counter called a checksum that will change if he flashes his car. The dealership can see this. AP will reset the checksum when you change to the factory map and uninstall
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

So the AP doesn't reset this? interesting as I'm guessing it uses the same technology to read and reflash the ecu.

Either way if SOA is going to get to that level, they are just going to claim abuse.

I Support ClubWRX
    Point well made. I keep hearing horror stories about that... scca event scouts and stuff.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Banned
    egghhhh who needs warranty, just maintain and you won't complain. That should be my new motto.

I've never seen an AP take 10 minutes...my boy reflashed his 04 STi for a local meet just for the hell of it and it took literally 2 minutes going to Stage II and about another two minutes an hour later going to an Economy map...

AP 1.0 too...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    [QUOTE=Mikie13;1799937]I've never seen an AP take 10 minutes...my boy reflashed his 04 STi for a local meet just for the hell of it and it took literally 2 minutes going to Stage II and about another two minutes an hour later going to an Economy map...

AP 1.0 too...[/QUOUTE]

And the real time maps switch instantaneously! how kick a s s is that?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I've never seen an AP take 10 minutes...my boy reflashed his 04 STi for a local meet just for the hell of it and it took literally 2 minutes going to Stage II and about another two minutes an hour later going to an Economy map...

AP 1.0 too...
    Mine did, hell I actually started to worry about the battery dieing. Oh well ecuflash is free, proven and free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

AP 1.0 too...
    Mine took about 10-11 minutes. The v.2 is supposed to be fast, but I have never seen a v.1 take less than 8min to flash.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.