Please Pray 4 Me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Please Pray 4 Me! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im trading in my 2006 scion xA 5-speed manual in for a 2002 subaru wrx. this is the craziest thing ...

Please Pray 4 Me!

im trading in my 2006 scion xA 5-speed manual in for a 2002 subaru wrx. this is the craziest thing ive ever done in my life. ive never owned a car like that before. i spent 2 hours test driving it and O M G... what a difference 127 boosted horses make! i was in love with the car. i would not give the dealer the keys back! it tracked straight at all times, unlike the scion which constantly needs corrective steering. it hits boost and wwwooooooooowwwwwwwwww. it pins u to the seats! unlike the scion that just makes alot of noise. we recently got some snow and all of it is not melted... the thing kept going!! unlimited traction. where as the scion would have just given up and got stuck.

the only thing is the car has 71k miles on it. what kind of maintenance/problems could i expect out of it?

pray for me as i do not have it yet... we are working out the financing from the dealer... but please pray that i get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i dont ill cry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    with that many miles I would make sure the maintainence is done for sure and check the history on the car.

the dealer is going to get me the maintenance records and teh carfax history

i've heard of wrx's breakin down almost brand new, and old. mine has 102k. and still going strong (knocks on wood)
    07 white STi in CT

Be cautious of buying the car if it has been modified.
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

from what we can tell there is no mods on the car now and there havent been any mods. the guy trading it in was older. its kinda scarey buying it because ive never had a turbo car with AWD but i know they can be hella expensive to fix! i just dont want it to go into self destruct mode 3 months after buying it. thats what scares me, and i mean it not like it cant happen with ne car
    i would like to keep it for like 2-3 yrs till i can get a next gen WRX brand new. the car drove like it was new and the interior was spotless! it has winter tires on it now so ill have to buy a/s tires (no biggie). i really wanted to know for the guys who have 50k+ miles on their wrx's what can i expect at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot685 View Post
    from what we can tell there is no mods on the car now and there havent been any mods. the guy trading it in was older. its kinda scarey buying it because ive never had a turbo car with AWD but i know they can be hella expensive to fix! i just dont want it to go into self destruct mode 3 months after buying it. thats what scares me, and i mean it not like it cant happen with ne car
    i would like to keep it for like 2-3 yrs till i can get a next gen WRX brand new. the car drove like it was new and the interior was spotless! it has winter tires on it now so ill have to buy a/s tires (no biggie). i really wanted to know for the guys who have 50k+ miles on their wrx's what can i expect at this point?

WRX's are pretty reliable. Even if their modded they can still be reliable as long as they are modded appropriately and within reasonable levels. It should last you 2-3 years assuming theres no unknow issues or damage to the car currently.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Registered User flyingpertyhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    WRX's are pretty reliable. Even if their modded they can still be reliable as long as they are modded appropriately and within reasonable levels. It should last you 2-3 years assuming theres no unknow issues or damage to the car currently.
    only 2-3 years on a 2002?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpertyhigh View Post
    only 2-3 years on a 2002?
    I didn't mean it would only last 2-3 years it should last beyond that but the OP said he wanted to keep the car for 2-3 years, so I was saying it would last that long.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Registered User flyingpertyhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I didn't mean it would only last 2-3 years it should last beyond that but the OP said he wanted to keep the car for 2-3 years, so I was saying it would last that long.
    hey my bad man, didn't mean to call you out on that one falsely

I Support ClubWRX
    My '02 has 130,000 miles on it. I've been Cobb Stage II since 60,000. My car runs flawlessly, and I am not afraid to drive aggressively, (conditions permitting, of course). I say go for it.
    Last edited by timber; 01-03-2007 at 05:21 AM. Reason: dammit.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I am not afraid to dive aggressively, (conditions permitting, of course). I say go for it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Where did you get that pic of me?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Where did you get that pic of me?
    I spy on all our prominent members.

I Support ClubWRX