Noob here with 05 wrx (pics)

This is a discussion on Noob here with 05 wrx (pics) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just picked it up yesterday and its awesome. Only has 19,000 miles on it. Heres some pics. I have been ...

Noob here with 05 wrx (pics)

just picked it up yesterday and its awesome. Only has 19,000 miles on it. Heres some pics.

I have been lurking these forums for a while now but I still have some noob questions. I plan to do a full turbo-back exhaust, up-pipe and cobb ap for engine mods. Is it bad to do the exhaust first? I dont have any experience with subarus but on my 300zx that was the "must do" before any other mods. From what Ive read, it seems like it isnt good for subarus without EM and I dont quite understand why. Also the car didnt come with a boost guage and I would like to add one, however, I would like to keep it looking as stock as possible and mount it in the stock location. I would like it to read in psi though.Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

We all lurk from time to time - glad you finally decided to say hello.

It would be best to add the downpipe at the time you add the AccessPORT as the AP will take care of the CELs the DP will generate.

Have a look here for much of the getting started info you will need: Support Threads (FAQ): Everything you need
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

welcome to the fourms and nice car
    wingless urban Grey metallic 06 wrx sedan
    Wingl3ss @lliance #14

i like the color of that wrx. keep it clean man and have fun with it

welcome

Nice color indeed.

You should shave the Subaru emblems off the back. It would look way sexy if you did combined with the wingless trunk.

Have fun.

I believe this is exactly the boost gauge you will want. I have one and it matches great, takes about an hour to install. See link
    Boost Gauge

Car looks nice and clean, I am not a huge fan of those wheels, but on your car and black they look awesome! Shave the emblems off
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

I'm also into photography!
    Check out my photos: My Flickr

thanks for the comments. And thanks for the link LIV 2 RLY. That is exactly what I was looking for.