On the wall about switching to a new STi - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on On the wall about switching to a new STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me BTW the 575M and Murcialago or two of the sexiest cars on the planet. Tell your ...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    BTW the 575M and Murcialago or two of the sexiest cars on the planet. Tell your Dad that he has great taste.
    Will he adopt me?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That blacked out merc was the sexiest car i have seen in probably around 10 years. Too bad im not a lambo fan. but i would make an exception for a car like THAT. you're right. it does look like a friggin f117.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    ***Drive Explorer your parents got you to school***
    High school kids are idiots.

I had an 05 MINI Cooper S with LSD and CBE and Blah blah. Very fun nice little car. If you love it keep it.

The stock WRX TR is putting down 200whp but its AWD. I cant imagine how long you must sit and spin at a light with 215whp in a MINI. My MCS was a torquey little monster that would break loose on a whim.
    WRX wont.

The Sti is an awesome car. I saved the extra $12k and bought a WRX TR and just bought all the parts to go stage 2.

The 6 speed in the STI is awesome, but I found myself with the MINI 6 speed shifting from 4th to 6th frequently.

Its nice talking to someone who has had a MINI and knows what im talking about. Yeah, I have to launch at less than 2 grand. Its stupid, especially with the all season RSAs. Yeah I cant wait, I mean the MINI does handle like a go kart I mean you can whip it anywhere and everywhere, that makes it fun, you scare the crap out of your passenger, and you're really not even pushing it.

I dunno I'll miss it, but maybe I wont

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blownMINI View Post
    Its nice talking to someone who has had a MINI and knows what im talking about. Yeah, I have to launch at less than 2 grand. Its stupid, especially with the all season RSAs. Yeah I cant wait, I mean the MINI does handle like a go kart I mean you can whip it anywhere and everywhere, that makes it fun, you scare the crap out of your passenger, and you're really not even pushing it.

I dunno I'll miss it, but maybe I wont
    Biggest thing I noticed after switching besides the increase in power, was how much better the ride was for comperable handling. I've owned several cars on adjustable coilovers, but that little MINI with its short wheelbase and stiff suspension, used to beat the crap out of my kidneys.

My WRX now with stock suspension and perrin swaybars and endlinks, handles better than the MINI did and rides 10x better with more wheel travel.

If money isn't an Issue I'd go for the STI LTD if you can find one. Or buy a normal STi and have that blue stripe in the interior reupholstered.

The only things I really miss about the MINI is how it fit everywhere and allowed plenty of room on either side in a parking spot, the fold down seats, was easy to get through traffic.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Pardon the AOL-style reply, but...

get a wagon. When you want more power, slap a stage 2 kit on it (AccessPort for ease), it'll be fun. The kids will all give you lip about driving a station wagon, but they probably won't key it.
    2003 White Sportswagon
    Mods: Cobb stg 2 (STX map), Whiteline strut braces, SRBs and swaybars, Kartboy rear endlinks, 04+ rear swaybar mounts, Hawk HPS brake pads meeting Powerslot front rotors, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, some stereo
    Pending: some more stereo. Front endlinks?

IMHO, if I were you and in your position, I'd go for a STI limited. If finances aren't an issue, the go for it. To each his own.

I don't think anyone on this forum would turn down a STI ltd if put in your position. However, personally I would limit the amount of times driving the car to school b/c it sounds like you go to school with a bunch of people who hate on the fact that you were born into a more fortunate circumstance than you. And that's just wrong . But that's just a suggestion.

Search on here for a few wagons too. They are definitely the ultimate stealth machine and look awesome when done up right, but from what I'm gathering from you is that the STI ltd is definitely your taste... mine too (even though I only have a TR)! Enjoy and be safe in the car. Don't be another one of those moronic high school kids who crashes his STI after 2 weeks of driving it. If your dad trusts you with his cars... I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #777
    #569/800
    -- Nick

Well if your reason for wanting an STI is so kids wont key it... i doubt that would be any different. They probably key your car cuz its a nice car and they hate whoever owns it cuz they're jealous. By the way, get the STI, its worth the extra money if you plan to mod a WRX. The mini is a nice car though, if you like it so much then keep it. Regardless of what car you go with, it'll probably get keyed by the haters... so like everyone said, drive the ford exploder to school. If only we all had that option... take advantage of it! Keep in mind college will mess up your car the most, so drive the exploder there as well. NEVER take your prized car to park in a college parking lot!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    NEVER take your prized car to park in a college parking lot!

+9834985703984

I've had a car stolen from college, a side view mirror bashed off at college, keyed at college, dings from car doors at college, and the list goes on...thank GOD I got the STI after graduating from college...

...and from a Limited owner, it is WORTH it...the performance is awesome. Few bolt ons and an AP reflash or protune work wonders with 07s if you wanted to do some upgrades. It looks classy, the leather is comfortable and the sunroof is small, but good enough to open up the cabin a bit...definitely look into it as its worth every penny...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

blownMINI, I bought an STI this past weekend... upgrading from a Saturn. It is the best car I have ever been in or driven. I am in the break in period, so I really havent gotten on it yet. But for that quick sec when it starts to pull around 4k... god damn its glorious.

On a side note though, I have now realized that if I had this car 5-6 years ago while in highschool, I would have killed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesJim View Post
    blownMINI, I bought an STI this past weekend... upgrading from a Saturn. It is the best car I have ever been in or driven. I am in the break in period, so I really havent gotten on it yet. But for that quick sec when it starts to pull around 4k... god damn its glorious.

On a side note though, I have now realized that if I had this car 5-6 years ago while in highschool, I would have killed myself.
    +1

I got a speeding ticket that lost my license with a slow ass Integra LS with an AEM CIA...imagine if I had an STI then? It was my own stupidity of course and my own lack of self control...but even though I wasn't a bad driver, more power and lack of experience likely would have allowed me to do some even more stupid things...HOWEVER...

Given your current garage...an STI is a little...toned down to say the least...haha...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

if i were you i' wouldn't bring the sti to school, drive the explorer.

clearly your a rich kid, and people are going to fvck with your **** if you bring it to school.
    doesn't matter if you work or not, most people arn't going to acknowledge that when you have a handful of cars in your garage.
    New England F4

just buy a purple saturn. i had one. i think the kids in my school actually tried to stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +9834985703984

I've had a car stolen from college, a side view mirror bashed off at college, keyed at college, dings from car doors at college, and the list goes on...thank GOD I got the STI after graduating from college...
    yeah i was mugged and my car was broken into on the same block where the parking lot was. gotta love Roxburry. crackheads used to steal batteries, lugnuts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

...and from a Limited owner, it is WORTH it...the performance is awesome. Few bolt ons and an AP reflash or protune work wonders with 07s if you wanted to do some upgrades. It looks classy, the leather is comfortable and the sunroof is small, but good enough to open up the cabin a bit...definitely look into it as its worth every penny...
    interesting to see what the WRX has turned into...
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Despite your age, everyone will tell you the STI is better than a modded wrx. I mean granted there are extremes that can make that untrue. However, you seem to be at no shortage of money, and it makes no sense to get an wrx insted of an STI.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234