On the wall about switching to a new STi - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on On the wall about switching to a new STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by blownMINI Yeah of course I will... It looks like you're a bit of a Ferrari fan. Do ...

Quote Originally Posted by blownMINI View Post
    Yeah of course I will... It looks like you're a bit of a Ferrari fan. Do you have one?
    Yeah I'm a huge Ferrari fan....huge. I even have a Ferrari tattoo. I don't own one though. Some day though I'm only 19 I got time.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    People on this forum have a tendency to hat on people with financially fortunate families that give nice cars to younger people. Expect more of it if you stay here. Take good car of what ever car you get thats whats important.

On a lighter note thats a freaking sweet garage man.

POST MORE PICS OF THE FERRARI NOW!!!!

NOW!!!!!!

That's usually because more often than not the kids are dumbasses. I read the post below yours and fortunately it seems that blowinmini isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    That's usually because more often than not the kids are dumbasses. I read the post below yours and fortunately it seems that blowinmini isn't.
    Yeah I understand why people do it and I don't really blame anyone because the vast majority of kids are as you said "dumbasses", its just to bad the ruin it for the rest of us.
    FORZA FERRARI

Yeah I know the kids you're talking about. There's alot of them at my high school, the funny/sad thing is they really aren't that rich, they think because mommy drives a Lexus IS and because they wear Abercrombie that they are better than every single human being out there. They DO ruin it for everyone else. They make me They are so fake, and almost always two-faced. I hate hate hate that.

Anyway I'm done preaching I just want people to know that before they judge and make assumptions about the type of person I am.

Anyway here are a few pics... I included pics of the old Lambo from the night we picked it up.

-Mike

NICE pics

Must be pretty cool having a dad with those nice cars. He ever let you dirve them?

I <3 the 575. Front engine Ferrari's are goregous.
    FORZA FERRARI

Yeah it's pretty cool I guess. He's alot different than me. He's more about the nostalgia of owning the car than the actual performance. Me, I run them through the gears and hear the engine and everything like that. The only thing that sucks is the attention you get, the thing that sucks too is when my car would be serviced so frequently, and you had to drive one of those cars to school. While people are impressed and don't key them, like they do the MINI, they say things like "thats the _____ who drove the 575 to school" So yeah I like it, having something different and fun, and so do my friends and girlfriend, but I just dont like attention drawn to myself, and I don't like coming off like richy rich. I would rather people talk about who I am as a person rather than how much money i have. I tend to get the golddigger girls too, which sucks. I have to go out and search for girls who have never heard of me before. Thankfully I dont have to worry about that anymore though. But the attention factor is something that makes me hate it almost as much as I love it. The local cops have stopped me on a couple occasions just wanting to get a look at the car sitting still. It scares the sh!t of me because I think I'm getting a ticket for something. I also have gotten comments from the few a$$holes with badges that normally go something like "Did you steal this, or did daddy buy it for ya?" then will run it through the system of stolen cars and call 4 other cars as back up to the scene, then after about 30 minutes write me for failure to signal. That's why Im getting an STi Limited. It's fun and different, but it's low-key. It's not a reach out and grab you looking car. I hate attention.

Yeah it's pretty cool I guess. He's alot different than me. He's more about the nostalgia of owning the car than the actual performance..
    I could understand that. I'd kill to drive any Ferrari.

I could see how there'd be a downside though, that probably doesn't help with the vandalism issues. Bottom line: people suck.

Honestly if it's that bad at your school etc. I'd just keep driving the explorer until you graduate then get something nice. (You can still drive the 575 now and then for fun) The STi will still attract attention, espcially with that big hood scoop.
    Best of luck with the next car.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 01-07-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Im sorry, it's not my fault that I work for good money and was born into a wealthy family, so stop holding it against me, okay?
    yeah, i really learned my lesson: next time i see an 18 year old dump $70K into a car i'll take his word for it you kinda have to see things from our perspective.

if the Mini is your first car, keep it. everyone always gets nostalgic about their first car, but only after it's gone. my first car was a '99 Corolla but i'd do just about anything to drive it one more time.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

are your parents billionares. Even if the mini was in top shape, i'd go with the sti. I don't even put the mini in the same league as the sti. Don't get me wrong, i liked em when they first came out because they were so wierd and no one had them. But i didn't like the interior and for that price i expected a hell of alot more engine. go sti, it'll be to fast for anyone to key it

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    are your parents billionares. Even if the mini was in top shape, i'd go with the sti. I don't even put the mini in the same league as the sti. Don't get me wrong, i liked em when they first came out because they were so wierd and no one had them. But i didn't like the interior and for that price i expected a hell of alot more engine. go sti, it'll be to fast for anyone to key it
    No they aren't billionares... hahaha We're still aways from that. I wish we were that would be so tight.

Yeah I think I will, it will be a big, big change though. The size and just the way it handles and feels. I finally got the MINI back yesterday, it's finally working again and fun as hell to drive. I still dont get any respect in it though, I had a guy in a riced out mid nineties nissan altima trying to race me from a stoplight today. I mean c'mon, its stupid. Alot of people like the interior. It's kinda neat, very quirky, kinda like the rest of the car though. Our shifters are massive, I think its in the neighborhood of 7-9inches tall. The stock MINI engine is pretty beefy. Some guys are running twincharge on the stock cylinder and block. I think the record before you start blowing crap apart is like 340whp, which is about as fast as an STi 0-60. MINI from the factory is not very aggressive, even with the John Cooper Works Tuning Kit, which the dealer warranties like factory. You get a meager 200hp (flywheel) for 6k. Even the new 07+ gen MINIs which are due out in March, and are turboed instead of supercharged, will only have about 205-215hp (flywheel) with the new generation JCW Tuning Kit. They try to make a car to fit everyone, so they aren't going to tune the living daylights out of it. It's just the way they are, Subaru is a different story with their STi.

II still dont get any respect in it though, I had a guy in a riced out mid nineties nissan altima trying to race me from a stoplight today. I mean c'mon, its stupid.
    Yeah that probably won't stop. My 350z has the tendency to attract riced out scion Xb's. It's just the ricer mentality, they'd probably try to race and Enzo if they could get along side it. You'll probably have more of this with the STi.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah that probably won't stop. My 350z has the tendency to attract riced out scion Xb's. It's just the ricer mentality, they'd probably try to race and Enzo if they could get along side it. You'll probably have more of this with the STi.

My ranger is a Scion magnet!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    My ranger is a Scion magnet!
    Anything with wheels is a scion ricer magnet.

Including unicycles.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    ***Drive Explorer your parents got you to school***
    High school kids are idiots.

I had an 05 MINI Cooper S with LSD and CBE and Blah blah. Very fun nice little car. If you love it keep it.

The stock WRX TR is putting down 200whp but its AWD. I cant imagine how long you must sit and spin at a light with 215whp in a MINI. My MCS was a torquey little monster that would break loose on a whim.
    WRX wont.

The Sti is an awesome car. I saved the extra $12k and bought a WRX TR and just bought all the parts to go stage 2.

The 6 speed in the STI is awesome, but I found myself with the MINI 6 speed shifting from 4th to 6th frequently.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    BTW the 575M and Murcialago or two of the sexiest cars on the planet. Tell your Dad that he has great taste.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast