hey i'm a noob
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hey i'm a noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey my name is juju...weird name huh...i know i'm 19 about to turn 20 here in a month i currently ...

hey i'm a noob

hey my name is juju...weird name huh...i know
    i'm 19 about to turn 20 here in a month

i currently drive a 00 civic ummm its cool, but i think i'm kinda thru the civic thing.....

i need something with more potential and as reliable (even if i blew 1 motor on my civic)

i have a 1 years old son so i need 4 door....
    i came to the conclusion that an 02-03 WRX would do the job...i would rather a WAGON but a sedan would do....HAS to be WHITE or silver...

anyways...

o yea by the way... I can't spell......

any advice or opinion on what to look for in my future car would help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club juju!

Start here: Support Threads (FAQ): Everything you need
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

hey man welcome to the club hope all your questions get answered
    wingless urban Grey metallic 06 wrx sedan
    Wingl3ss @lliance #14

What's up Juju.

Welcome to the club.

First I thing I will address is that when looking for a used wrx make sure to find one that is not modded and was not abused. Since you are looking for a wagon, it should be easier to find an unmodded, unabused rex.

Secondly, the wrx is rock solid reliable with the only issue being the tranny which WILL break if you abuse the car (hence the above). No clutch drops, trying to burnout, or crazy launches otherwise your tranny will not last very long. Only reason I am telling you this is because you managed to blow a civic motor.

Treat the car well and it will be your best friend.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Welcome to the club
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #888

hey thanks for the warm welcome everyone...
    i have deffenatly been pleased with every WRX i drove (exept auto one...)
    i have always wanted one even tho the civic is "faster" i'm looking to sell it (if you guys know anyone let me know)

i guess i learn mecanic on my cars that i have knowed but don't really know much about the flat-4 but i wanna learn

i'm deffenatly looking for a not abused WRX, i work for a driving compagny (which i won't say any name) and i deal with court people and i see many people abusing and not taking care of their cars.

so is the only "unriable" thing the tranny?
    what about the turbo?
    drivetrain?

once again thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    What's up Juju.

Welcome to the club.

First I thing I will address is that when looking for a used wrx make sure to find one that is not modded and was not abused. Since you are looking for a wagon, it should be easier to find an unmodded, unabused rex.

Secondly, the wrx is rock solid reliable with the only issue being the tranny which WILL break if you abuse the car (hence the above). No clutch drops, trying to burnout, or crazy launches otherwise your tranny will not last very long. Only reason I am telling you this is because you managed to blow a civic motor.

Treat the car well and it will be your best friend.

Welcome! Hope you find a nice one. WRXes are very moddable, but make sure you read some of the stickies before you do anything. Have fun.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Really, the only weak point is the transmission. And that's only with abuse. However, everything else is pretty solid powertrain wise. You'll probably find WRXs with rattles in the interior.
    2006 WRX TR

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey there.. welcome to the club.. Good luck on your search for a WRX. Read all the stickies.. Great info here.

Enjoy the club... lots of Great people !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by juju View Post

so is the only "unriable" thing the tranny?
    what about the turbo?
    drivetrain?

once again thanks for the warm welcome!
    Yeah, the tranny is really the only thing to worry about... and even then, only worry if it was abused.

The turbo is fine. Many people go well over 100k miles on the stocker. And the good thing is that even if the turbo does die on you, it only costs about $300 to replace it.

Drivetrain is fine.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.