Jetta to WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jetta to WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I took the plunge and sold my Jetta for a very very clean WRX wagon. It only has 38k ...

Jetta to WRX

Well I took the plunge and sold my Jetta for a very very clean WRX wagon. It only has 38k on the clock and I can promise it saw above 5k rpms only a handful of times. What do you all think? PS-My old vw forum guys are ripping me apart for doing this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Me thinks the VW heads might be envious. Welcome to the world of WRX - we are glad you found us.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Welcome
    Nice wagon
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Thanks guys/gals. So far i've put on about 180 miles and i'm in total love. I've driven so many cars in my day and I can honestly say that this one is a great pleasure to drive. I always said i'd be a die-hard VW fan, but this car is changing my views. As far as performance, the R32 will be neck and neck with a wrx, but match it with an STi which is more closely priced and you'll need to dump 5k into a supercharger just to keep up. Yeah, the quality of the interior isn't quite as good as VW's, but I truely believe that the interior is the only point it's beaten in.

Welcome to the club! Nice choice on the silver bugeye wagon - it looks just like mine, except with 64k less miles.

Banned
    your vw buddies are jealous and you made the right choice. I got a silver 04 and I love every minute of it. Enjoy this site and welcome!!!

Nice!

I'm in a mk4 Getta...looking to buy an 07 soon. It's cool to know another person taking the dive.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude View Post
    it sounds like a tractor
    YESSSS!!! Best compliment EVER!

There jealous that some of their turbos only made 150, then some made 180 now they finally made 200, but your 02 has 227

Additionally, they'll be jealous when they load their car up with power and rip out their front end from FWD.

They'll also be jealous as you drive by them in the snow while their digging their cars out.

Hmm. I reckon you made a smart decision.

BTW THAT LAKE (?) HOUSE LOOKS TEHHHH SWEEEET.
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Banned
    wisconsin FTW, I love Devil's Lake and i went there in 02 and 03 but have yet to go back even though it is so close. I am gonna try to get back out there this summer for sure. Our camping trips were awesome. I am in the center with the punisher cutoff shirt.

welcome, i sure the guy the on the vortex will under stand. I had many MK2's and i am a dubber at heart but i love my subie just as much
    I cried when Optimus Prime died did you ?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #?, down for the cause
    Soon to be Stage 2

welcome to the club!
    CGM

Welcome to the club! No more torque-steer FTW!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #38
    2006 WRX Sedan Limited 12 DS
    Villanova University FSAE Race Team

Congrats on the new purchase!

The older ML3/MK4 Jetta's were a pretty nice car for their time. Decent interior, nice shifting tranny and good torque for the 6 cylinder.

But you definitely picked a winner by upgrading. I think the other VW guys are just giving you a hard time because from my experience, many VW guys have a hard time appreciating any car that is not VW.
    You wrx is going to be faster, much easier to mod, handle better, brake better, be more reliable, etc... You will be very happy with this purcahse.

Now you have to get around to modding. Start off with an uppipe/downpipe combo and then move onto catback and EM. You came in at a good time. Currently in the wrx modding game you can pick up a turboback exhaust + uppipe for ~ $550 and then get a stage2 XPT map for another $115 and all of this will give you about 60whp increase and well into the lower-end of the 13's.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 12-16-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Congrats on trading the 2.slow for the 2.sex -- I used to swear by VW and Audi's, too. But then I got sick of being a shady tree mechanic fixing all the stupid little things that went wrong with them. I sold my MK4 Jetta for the '06 WRX and I couldn't be happier. The interior isn't as nice and the wind noise on the highway is crazy loud but the engine makes it all worth the while. Maybe I'll get another VW or Audi when they become a little more reliable. Oh yeah, and don't worry about those Vortexers, most of them are so narrow-minded and ghey as hell when it comes to non-VW/Audi's, people bash the Evo/WRX/STi on a constant basis on the dumbest logic.

Here's my old MK4...

2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast