New guy wanting a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New guy wanting a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm really wanting a wrx, I want to get a wrecked one that can be repaired. Is their anything I ...

New guy wanting a WRX

I'm really wanting a wrx, I want to get a wrecked one that can be repaired. Is their anything I should know, or look for. And i'm in no hurry, i'm looking for somthing to do down the road. I'm only 15

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i can tell you IMO that one that an insurance company totalled out would probably cost more to repair than just getting a used one
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

I understand that you are probably low on cash if you want to get and damaged one but with WRX is not that simple. This car is made to go relatively fast and if you want to use it that way, don't buy a damaged one. It will never drive the same even after a small crash. Get an older one, but in good shape.
    my 2 cents

ok , i'd rather go that way anyways, thanks. I dont really like the new ones, whats the best year

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

Best year? Many opinions here - please have a look around.

Be sure to read through this: Support Threads (FAQ): Everything you need
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by jmpage View Post
    ok , i'd rather go that way anyways, thanks. I dont really like the new ones, whats the best year
    While you may not like the way the new '06/'07 WRX's look, they are, arguably, the best yet. As far as aesthetics goes, everybody's got their preference. I do agree with the others, though, that you shouldn't get a damaged one but rather save up the cash for a nice used one. Good luck.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

My absolutely favorite was the impreza 22B STi '98.
    I owned a '03 WRX and I wasn't so found of the bug eyes but I enjoyed how it drove. Now I have the '06 STI and I love everything about this car, from the look to the performance. But of course thatís my personal preference.
    But if I were you, I wouldn't choose by year but by how much you are willing to spend and then find the right one...

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Welcome and good luck
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Hi there, I have been reading through threads on this board for a while now, and didn't plan on posting any time soon, but i feel i must at this point.

To those of you who make claims about wrecked cars supposedly not ever driving straight again....costing more to be fixed than bought used.....etc......

I have to ask you....do you really have any idea what you are talking about??? Have you ever dealt w/ a salvage vehicle before, because by your posts you certainly do not.

I have driven prior salvage vehicles for the past five years or so (probably 7 or 8 cars) and have never had a vehicle that "never drove straight again". And yes, I have fixed all of them up for much less than one could ever be bought for used.

In fact what brought me to this forum is the wrx i recently purchased from a salvage auction. It was damaged along the drivers side, and yet .........amazingly...........i drove it home from the auction yard w/ not a problem. Absolutely nothing. The alignment even seemed right on.

Now I hate to have this as my first post, but like i said, I felt it necessary to counter the posts made earlier in this thread, and I ask everyone to please think "do i have any experience in this topic?" before posting.

Jmpage: take my advice, I have been doing what you would like to do for many years now, buying wrecked can certainly be a nice alternative. I will tell you now that there is no way I would have a wrx if it weren't for buying salvaged.

A very ambitious plan and it can be done, but it’s far from easy. You need in-depth knowledge of automobiles as well as lots of specialized tools to do the job correctly. Buying a certified rebuild is a good way of going about getting a WRX at a lower than average price.

If working on cars is something you really want to dedicate a majority of your time to then it would be a very rewarding experience to build one. But none the less it would still be very expensive to do this, both in time and resources. Good luck

Added:
    You might be looking at around 10k for a low millage wreak, so not much more and you will have a working car that won't require a rebuild.
    Subaru 06 WRX in WRB.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.