Just got my new Winter Tires!!!

This is a discussion on Just got my new Winter Tires!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2007 WRX M5 Garnet Red Pearl I didn't think riding around on snow and ice in a GTO on Bridgestone ...

Just got my new Winter Tires!!!

2007 WRX M5 Garnet Red Pearl

I didn't think riding around on snow and ice in a GTO on Bridgestone summer tires was going to work out for the best...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice Scoob
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Nice car

Love that deep dark red do you plan on getting new rims come spring? If so what color?

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    Nice car

Love that deep dark red do you plan on getting new rims come spring? If so what color?
    Thanks, I'll probably end up keeping the rims it came with. I kind of like 'em.

I'd like to get some mods first. Nothing extraordinary at first, just some good perf parts that make sense and don't actually end up robbing power (I know squat about turbos... hey, I'm a V-8 guy...)

I'll have to do some searches on the FAQ.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I tell you to save some time on the first mod. Do a down-pipe and a 3in cat-back exhaust. Like you said you a V8 guy, so you allready knew that. I believe the 06's have a cat-less up-pipe so your good there.(someone correct me if I'm wrong) I think I read a different post of yours, and you said you want daily driver with pereodic fun use. I would reccomend a downpipe with a cat. But by all means use the search button there are so many helpfull post's on this club.

try this link
    Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

and this one: (to get an idea of what sound you will get from different exhaust's) if you got a family I would go borla hush.
    Exhaust Video/Sound Clips
    The sound from the clips don't really sound all that different from one another, also don't do the boxer engine's deep tone any justice.
    good luck!

Zack
    Last edited by blackzwrx; 12-11-2006 at 07:54 PM.

wow that's a nice new color they came out with.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    and this one: (to get an idea of what sound you will get from different exhaust's) if you got a family I would go borla hush.
    Exhaust Video/Sound Clips
    The sound from the clips don't really sound all that different from one another, also don't do the boxer engine's deep tone any justice.
    good luck!

Zack
    Thanks for the info and the links. I'm not too worried about sound level, with what I drive now:
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/434236152...06_gto_bobcat/

Loud is fine with me

If this is going to be your winter tool you should consider some snow tires.
    Cobb Stage 2 '06 WRX, Aspen White & Wingless
    --------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #026

nice ride, i own a 02 WS6 Trans-am myself, i think there are a few v8 guys on this board that have bought a subie.
    I cried when Optimus Prime died did you ?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #?, down for the cause
    Soon to be Stage 2

enjoy the white stuff

remember to never lock out your steering wheel around those turns, and enjoy drifting, i mean driving

*caution, dont drive this car too much, it may become your summer car, and spring and fall...
    Last edited by motormike; 12-12-2006 at 10:57 AM.
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Great set of tires there ... they seem to have have thrown in a nice WRX too.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Welcome to the Club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING