Happy New 06 WRX Limited owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Happy New 06 WRX Limited owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey there, Well I just bought a 2006 Subaru WRX limited last week and man I love this car. Sense ...

Happy New 06 WRX Limited owner

Hey there,
    Well I just bought a 2006 Subaru WRX limited last week and man I love this car. Sense this is an introduction I thought I’d include a little bit about why I chose a WRX and the cars I’ve owned over the years. This will be my third new car I’ve owned in the last 8 years. Didn’t really plan on having 3 cars in such a short time span but of the 3 the Subaru is defiantly a better fit for what I was looking for.

The first car I had was a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, great little car but in the long run was underpowered at 140hp. We still have it but my brothers using it. I got an 02 Jeep Wrangler and had that for about four years. Even though I really liked the Jeep I realized I just wanted something faster that still could do some of the off roading I wanted to do. I never wanted to do anything too major, but being able to drive on undeveloped roads was defiantly something I wanted.

I never really cared for the EVO’s very much, even though I did like my eclipse. I was considering Miata for a short time but decided it wasn’t the kind of car I really was looking for. I’ve heard a tone of great things about Subaru in the past and thought I’d find a dealer and check out what they had for my self. The closest dealership was 30 miles away so I made a trip one day after work and checked out what they had.

After sitting in the WRX limited I realized that this was the interior I wanted. I liked the sunroof, the leather was trim was well done, the seats were very comfortable, the steering wheel was simple with no frills that would get in the way, and the general spacing was great. I didn’t even have to test drive the car to know I was going to like it. When I did test drive one of the cars they had on the lot I knew I found the car I wanted, only problem was they told straight out I couldn’t get this car in blue and no dealer Sothern California had a limited 06 (or even 07 according to the sales guy) in blue.

A little bummed I went home and started my own search. It turned out he was right, there were no 06 or 07 in Sothern California in Subaru’s online database. But I did end up finding 3 dear ships in Northern California that had them, its just they all were 300 miles away. The first dear ship I called didn’t want to work with me because of the distance, the second one did. They offered me a better price for the WRX in the color I wanted than what the local dear ship could do for a black one and had it here in about a day. Despite the trouble to get the 06 in blue I’m really happy I did. It’s a joy to drive; it’s even a joy to look at each time I walk up to it. My cell-phones is being retorted so I can’t get the photos off the WRX right now but maybe sometime tomorrow I’ll post them.
    Last edited by MrRage; 12-10-2006 at 12:20 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just was at the Subaru dealership earlier today and I saw that car that is a bad ass car!!! which one do you have at the dealership the limited they had was 60 of 800

Oh Its just a WRX Limited, not the STi Limited. I thought about getting an STi but decided in the end I was better off with the WRX. 230 HP is very nice.

Welcome!

Hey man Welcome to the club. Your going to really enjoy this car, I was just out on a late night cruise and each time I drive it the smile gets a little bigger.

Anyway, I don't know if you've searched and snooped around here a bit, but ClubWRX is a great resource for all your stories, experiences, pictures, questions both tech and non-tech alike, so feel free to ask away and keep us up to date with how your enjoying your car, getting us pictures of course!

On another note, we have a thread over on the Everyday Impreza Talk for owners of 06+ WRXs (There is a thread for each vintage)http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156670
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance, usaually just a bunch of random stuff talked about there but its a fun place to chat it up with some fellow 06/07ers. Come by if you'd like

But either way, enjoy your new wheels!
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Welcome to the Club.. Keep us posted with info and pics on your Impreza Wrx.
    Black 03 Impreza WRX (Fully Rebuilt Motor 15,xxx Miles )
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Upper Front Tower Brace
    Stage 1

Congrats- and welcome! I got my 06 blue limited last week too, and I know what you're going through- it rocks! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. This website (I'm learning) is an incredible resource. You can find just about anything you want on here. Post some pics, and enjoy!
    06 WRX Limited (Blue Pearl)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #007

congrats, this is a great place to learn and enjoy your car
    I cried when Optimus Prime died did you ?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #?, down for the cause
    Soon to be Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hi and welcome!!! I have had my baby for about 2 mos now and loving every second of it!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

Congrats and welcome to the club

WRX's are the type of car that are just as fun and exciting years after pulling off the lot
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by MrRage View Post
    After sitting in the WRX limited I realized that this was the interior I wanted. I liked the sunroof, the leather was trim was well done, the seats were very comfortable, the steering wheel was simple with no frills that would get in the way, and the general spacing was great. I didn’t even have to test drive the car to know I was going to like it. When I did test drive one of the cars they had on the lot I knew I found the car I wanted, only problem was they told straight out I couldn’t get this car in blue and no dealer Sothern California had a limited 06 (or even 07 according to the sales guy) in blue.
    Seems similar to my experience. I love black and most of the dealers up here didn't have one. I decided on the car before I even had a test drive. HA! It is truly an amazing car. For some reason, even though I have surpassed my break-in period recently, I still don't have the urge to push it. I love babying it...What dealership did you end up getting it from?

I got the WRX from ValStrough Cypress Coast Augomotive group in Seaside CA. Overall I was very happy with their service and customer support. I did have to pay to have the car brought out here but it saved me time and the end price was still cheaper than another limited out here. Plus least they did clean it up and fill it up with 91 when they dropped it off.

They didn't have to clean the car up and fill it up when they dropped it off, but it really did make an impression on me that they did go though the trouble to do so. Which is more than I can say for Santa Barbara Chrysler Jeep that sold me my 02 Wrangler with only a 1/4 tank of gas. It's the little things like that you remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRage View Post
    I got the WRX from ValStrough Cypress Coast Augomotive group in Seaside CA. Overall I was very happy with their service and customer support.
    They are good people. That's where I bought my limited from as well. The only thing that sucks about buying actually from the dealer as opposed to over the phone is that they try to get you to buy everything. When I sent in for quotes in the surrounding areas, they beat them all out. They quoted me at $25,120 which was at least 1k less then others. This was also at the end of the month so you should expect something like this.

Welcome
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Hello and Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.