N00b From the Dark Side...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on N00b From the Dark Side... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good Morning, Thought I'd stop in and say hello. I know I'm from the dark side, perhaps confusing side, with ...

N00b From the Dark Side...

Good Morning,

Thought I'd stop in and say hello. I know I'm from the dark side, perhaps confusing side, with a Cherokee SRT8, but can appreciate what the WRX is capable of!

My neighbor tried to run away from me, without my permission, the other morning, in a black STI... Only driver to date that was nice enough to play with me, so we had a pretty fun run in the twisties. Wonder if he's on, here?

I have a friend who drives a modded WRX where at the end of the night will always say "See you in the twisites!" To which I respond, "Man, I hope so..."

All in good fun!
    Cheers,
    NPO
    '06 JGC SRT8 - Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

I have an srt8 too but not the jeep.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thank you, sir.

I didn't realize SRT had worked on a van?
    Cheers,
    NPO
    '06 JGC SRT8 - Black

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Pics of the SRT8?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Converting to SUBARU AWD soon. ............. .
    -clubWRX, is your FATHER!!!!!! Moooohahahahaha.
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

Ha ha, thanks for the greetings everyone!

Don't think I'll be flipping this one that soon, I just got her in June and only have 5,400 miles on it.

Like your sentences, Heather. I was having a rough morning, one day, and my boss was yapping my ear off about something... Hard to say what, I wasn't really listening... But, then he pauses for a reaction from me, so I says "When you're right, you're right, boss!"

Pics? Sure, but a warning, the dark side's force is strong in these ones.

[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/NathanOliver/Jeep/Le****now.jpg[/IMG]

That's me on the right in the last pic, and I'm about 6'3", if that gives a little perspective on the size of her tires, ride height, etc... Head room would be tight if I sat up straight like a normal person, but I tend to lay down when I drive, so no worries there.

I cropped the last two to protect the innocent, my old man. None of these are from today... Unfortunately she's covered in white crap, and it aint snow!!

I'll be detailing her this weekend to get all of that MN salt off her!
    Last edited by NateO; 12-07-2006 at 12:37 PM.
    Cheers,
    NPO
    '06 JGC SRT8 - Black

Quote Originally Posted by NateO View Post
    Good Morning,

Thought I'd stop in and say hello. I know I'm from the dark side, perhaps confusing side, with a Cherokee SRT8, but can appreciate what the WRX is capable of!

My neighbor tried to run away from me, without my permission, the other morning, in a black STI... Only driver to date that was nice enough to play with me, so we had a pretty fun run in the twisties. Wonder if he's on, here?

I have a friend who drives a modded WRX where at the end of the night will always say "See you in the twisites!" To which I respond, "Man, I hope so..."

All in good fun!
    Interesting - any mods?

No offense, but stock sucks regardless - I don't care if it's a Porsche, showroom performance is as simple as paying the bill, but modding requires a bit more that footing the bill. Namely hoping you don't break **** while enjoying the (typically)non-manufacturer approved increase in performance.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

So it's a Female is it.
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

hey there and welcome NateO... Since you're a SRT owner.. did you do the SRT driving experience???

Welcome to the club. Nice Pics!
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

nice ride
    I cried when Optimus Prime died did you ?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #?, down for the cause
    Soon to be Stage 2

Thanks regarding the welcomes/ride/pic comments.

I was invited to the SRT driving experience, but the closest one to me was in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin, a 7 hour drive each way, and I found out about it too late, so I was booked... My invite's still good, so perhaps I will use it on the next tour!

Yes, my 'Belle is a female all right. Part of it's that I was born and raised Canadian, and grew up speaking French to some extent, where nothing is gender neutral, and innanimate objects, such as cars and boats take on the feminine gender, as noted here:

http://www.languageguide.org/francai...eaning.html#ée

You see this in English, too. E.g., I believe when people name their boats with a gender-specific proper noun, it tends to be a female name, n'est pas?

Don't let her being female fool you, though, she can be pretty mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Interesting - any mods?

No offense, but stock sucks regardless...
    She is bone stock, and no offence taken, here. It appears you and I don't see eye to eye on this, which is fine by me. I tend to believe if it's a beater and it's slow, it sucks. If it's in good shape and it's fast, well, it doesn't suck. For example, my buddy has a Ferrari (stock), Porche 911 (chipped) and a BMW M3 (stock), and in my opinion, none of those vehicles suck, really.

Fortunately my Jeep's the latter, in real good shape, and for a 2.5 ton brick-like vehicle, she's fast all right.

Check out Road and Tracks numbers at the bottom, here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=3

0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds? 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds? That's pretty fast. There are faster vehicles out there, to be sure but I'm going to [easilly] pull 90% of anything on the road. Here's some more times, to be sure:

http://wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8_track.htm

Now, that's not to say I have a problem with making the fast go faster, but there's a problem, this Jeep is not mod-friendly at all, especially compared with something like a WRX. Many people have tried, and many have failed.

There's only two mods that I know of that add significant performance, having Hennessey rebuild your vehicle with a turbo and tune it, and I won't be doing that. Put it on the bottle, and I won't be doing that, I like my head gaskets, thanks. And there's a third possibility, drive it to Cali and have GSM install a blower and tune it, but your local guy can't do this, and I've never heard of it working on a Jeep SRT8. Everyone who's tried to throw the blower on has regretted it.

One of the problems in trying to mod this thing is that it's all ready a seriously modded Jeep, by SRT. SRT took a 5.7 standard litre Hemi Jeep, modded the heck out of it and produced 3,000 of them, worldwide, in '06.

Want to upgrade the tires? They all ready threw 12 inch wide performance tires on built specifically for this Jeep. Want to upgrade the brakes? They all threw a big-brake setup with huge Brembo calipers on this thing. Want to upgrade the tranny? They all ready yanked the Jeep tranny and threw in a Mercedes-AMG transmission:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1231

Want to upgrade the suspension? They all ready threw Bilstein dampers on this thing. Want to bore it out, it's all ready been bored out to 6.1 litres.

I mean, they really did work this thing. There's more to what they did to this vehicle, here:

http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/gra...rokee-srt.html

So, what are you going to mod? After-market CAIs have no performance impact, and there have been some to loose HP by throwing on an after-market exhaust. You actually want to be careful when you play games with these things, and virtually no one can tune them, don't have Mopar's codes... Fortunately for me, I didn't buy this for the sake of modding it, and am pretty pleased with it. To each their reach, I suppose.

And now, I believe I shall go for a drive... With any luck, traffic will be light!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome, guys.
    Last edited by NateO; 12-07-2006 at 06:04 PM.
    Cheers,
    NPO
    '06 JGC SRT8 - Black

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Welcome
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.