Why im becoming a subaru owner...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why im becoming a subaru owner... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Im new here yeah and this is a wonderful place for me hang around and become knowledgable and ...

Why im becoming a subaru owner...

Hey guys, Im new here yeah and this is a wonderful place for me hang around and become knowledgable and educated on the boxer. Yeah i know a good amount about cars, but my first encounter with a subaru has sparked my interest in the wrx, and the sti.

so...
    I was with a friend getting picked up by his cousin. And he owned a white wrx 2004 with no modifications but an eye catching, turbo gauge right above the "momo" wheel. I said to my self wow this is a turbo car. He gets the car moving slowly and then proceeds to a down hill hairpin turn with just a feint jerk to the right and then turned into the turn left. WOW with any of rwd or fwd car the car wouldve skidded all over the place. Not only that after he took the hairpin turn as if a slight left he sped off into an intersection redlining to show truly what the boxer was made of. I was impressed greatly to hear the turbo creeping at 3500 rpms and hearing the wrx redline up to 4th gear reaching 90 mph on CENTRAL AVE in yonkers ny, one of the busiest roads in ny, and slowing down rev matching so my friend and i could listen to the beautiful turbine give off exhaust. Wow that was exhilerating.

So lol thanks for reading my story. Ill be around here since i am only a sophmore in high school but, because of my outstanding academic performance, my parents have agreed to pick me up a slightly used STI by senior year. Im damm rotten spoiled. But im thankful. Well the names andrew kang and see ya guys around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

Be REALLY careful with that future STi. You do not know the kind of trouble you can quickly get into.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Sweet, congrats.

Subaru's rock I've had other turbo's cars, musclecars, etc but nothing ever like my WRX. I've had my bugeye for over 4 years and its the first car I've ever owned that I didn't get bored with after a few months. You'll love it. Welcome to the club.
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Be REALLY careful with that future STi. You do not know the kind of trouble you can quickly get into.
    +20 Just remeber despite how it feels AWD does not make you invincible or allow you to defy physics.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

yeah thanks for the warning man, or mans. But i do know physics, i take ap physics lol, doubt it has any correlation to driving physics. But yeah i know i need to know the cars limits. But they are definetly higher than a fwd's or a rwd's hehe.

im saving up for modification parts.
    what do you guys think i should get first?
    I was thinking an aftermarket short ram intake.
    ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by kang413 View Post
    yeah thanks for the warning man, or mans. But i do know physics, i take ap physics lol, doubt it has any correlation to driving physics. But yeah i know i need to know the cars limits. But they are definetly higher than a fwd's or a rwd's hehe.

im saving up for modification parts.
    what do you guys think i should get first?
    I was thinking an aftermarket short ram intake.
    ideas?
    No. Don't do that. Get a good exhaust.

And read this, twice.

i hope you dont drive the STI to the ground, i have a feeling you will have the itch for it once you start driving, almost all new drivers do. so STI is going to be your first car? if so, like eveyrone said be careful

Not to be a complete D-bag but your getting an STi for your senior year. You should probably A. worry about getting the car first and B. get used to it maybe get some more driving experience before going modding. Maybe investing the money in a good track driving school like skip barber?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Not to be a complete D-bag but your getting an STi for your senior year. You should probably A. worry about getting the car first and B. get used to it maybe get some more driving experience before going modding. Maybe investing the money in a good track driving school like skip barber?
    Cav is correct. Learn on a beater of some sort, then graduate to the next level, and the next and so on.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Maybe investing the money in a good track driving school like skip barber?
    +1

You may get flamed for the STi being your first car but if you respect it, take care of it, and love it, you will quickly be assimilated into our community as "one of those kids" that doesn't beat the living fcuk out of their cars.

Before you void your warranty and mod the crap out of it, atleast drive it stock for 6-12 months. Yeah, it sounds excrutiating, but it gives you a total feel of the car. 300hp is a lot at your age, and I definately don't want to hear another "I was doing 80 in a 25 down a mountain and crashed my STi into a guardrail" story. Atleast he had to worry about the break in period, for lack of it..

Anyways, welcome to the club, good luck on getting the STi, and for god's sake just respect the car. If you treat her well, she will in turn love you forever.

(BTW, sorry I may sound like an a**hole about the respect thing, but for some reason kids get the money from their parents to buy STis and either wreck them, or beat the hell out of them. It's a horrible trend that NEEDS TO STOP)
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Like a VOLVO!

(i drive a Volvo, btw.)

LOL guys,
    im not a ricer boy that WANTS TO HEAR WOOSH WOOSH.
    i respect my cars. AND i do plan on getting a beater junior year. And driving has always been an aspiration for me. Not cause of tokyo drift or some f&f stuff, but idols such as colin mcrae and his sport rally. Just know that im not one of those kids who BEATS THE SH** out of nice cars. I know ill be around my car 1/2 of the week and care for it in a garage.

And oh by dropped do you mean, totaled? or do you mean, slammed to the floor with gay body kits? i find aftermarket body kits unattractive cause im really all about performance. : p

Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysToSunday View Post
    +1

You may get flamed for the STi being your first car but if you respect it, take care of it, and love it, you will quickly be assimilated into our community as "one of those kids" that doesn't beat the living fcuk out of their cars.

Before you void your warranty and mod the crap out of it, atleast drive it stock for 6-12 months. Yeah, it sounds excrutiating, but it gives you a total feel of the car. 300hp is a lot at your age, and I definately don't want to hear another "I was doing 80 in a 25 down a mountain and crashed my STi into a guardrail" story. Atleast he had to worry about the break in period, for lack of it..

Anyways, welcome to the club, good luck on getting the STi, and for god's sake just respect the car. If you treat her well, she will in turn love you forever.

(BTW, sorry I may sound like an a**hole about the respect thing, but for some reason kids get the money from their parents to buy STis and either wreck them, or beat the hell out of them. It's a horrible trend that NEEDS TO STOP)
    YEAH i totally understand. I was planning to drive her for about 4-8 months before so i can get used to the functions and then be able to use it to its maximum capacity (safely) then upgrade the necessities. And i am definetly getting it used as i stated in my starting post. And im not rich, nor are my parents. I scored a 2140 on the sat's sophmore year and have a very high gpa. Not boasting just giving a good reason why my parents are rewarding my hard work. anyways.
    another thing is.

I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT CAUSE I THINK ABOUT THE FREAKING STI
    OMG
    and ohyeah i would be exhilerated with a WRX as well. I was actully suprised that my parents actully are getting me this beautiful car.

What body style do you prefer, 04/05 or 06/07?

Aftermarket List That Won't Break The Bank Or Make Your Car Slower:
    Wheels/High Performance Tires
    Cat Back Exhuast
    COBB Stage 1 AccessPORT ECU FLASH
    Stiffer Front/Rear Swaybars
    Intake Silencer Delete
    Lightweight Pulleys
    Last edited by mikehoyer; 12-04-2006 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Added Aftermarket List

i prefer 04/05 over the 06/07 because th e06/07 lacks a grill and has a too much of a smoothed out body. I liked the rigid agressiveness of the 04/05.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.