first parts

This is a discussion on first parts within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering I just bought an 05 wrx and was wondering what should be the first couple of things ...

first parts

I was wondering I just bought an 05 wrx and was wondering what should be the first couple of things i should buy. I was thinking intake and exhaust and a RFL bov, can some oneone help me on the right way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there are MANY threads on first mods, so you really should search...
    But, since im not a prick, i'll give you some basics...

Don't get a BOV, they are useless unless you have a front mount intercooler or your running very high boost pressure, and they'll cause your car to run lean.

Don't get an intake, they are useless unless you have a front mount intercooler or your running very high boost pressure, and will cause your car to run lean.

For teh 05, first thing to get is a catless up pipe. Then get a turboback (downpipe and catback), and some form of engine management. That will put you in the vicinity of STi power.

Suspension wise, 1.) get new tires, 2.) Swaybars, 3.) Swaybar endlinks, 4.) Lowering Springs

These are great first mods, and will make your car noticabley quiker and nimbler.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx View Post

For teh 05, first thing to get is a catless up pipe. Then get a turboback (downpipe and catback), and some form of engine management. That will put you in the vicinity of STi power.

Suspension wise, 1.) get new tires, 2.) Swaybars, 3.) Swaybar endlinks, 4.) Lowering Springs

These are great first mods, and will make your car noticabley quiker and nimbler.
    +100
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

I bought a Blitz Nur Spec R with down pipe and i was wondering to what kind of up pipe should i purhase and the cobb stage one was what i was thinking about management but im not to sure, any other ideas.

cobb meng, get a cobb
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Quote Originally Posted by WRXED06 View Post
    cobb meng, get a cobb
    + 1

I have the cobb cb bolted up to the invidia dp
    thing is sweet. Aggressive, but refined.
    it doesn't have that folgers can look to it
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

HKS makes some good up-pipes. And cheap too.

Other than Cobb's accessport, everything that they make costs too much money. You'd be better of getting an up pipe elsewhere, and saving some cash. As for EM, Cobb is the cheapest (ironic), but its the best for people who don't want to mess too much with programming their own car. It comes with base maps (free) that you can choose at your own desire, and you can get the car protuned if you wish. Some of the other EMs, like the UTEC, are better for people who enjoy tuning their own cars. It's really just up to what you want to do.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by landrocket450 View Post
    I was wondering I just bought an 05 wrx and was wondering what should be the first couple of things i should buy. I was thinking intake and exhaust and a RFL bov, can some oneone help me on the right way.
    WHy Do you people not read?!?!?!?!?! HAHHA I see these posts still and it surprises me cause it is instant FLAME material.

Great pic! Some people just have better things to do than search, and lucky for them, im always around to do it for them.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx View Post
    Great pic! Some people just have better things to do than search, and lucky for them, im always around to do it for them.
    yeah well your patience is vast then and i commend you for it cause I get sick of seeing the same newb posts all the time. Like your avatar alot by the way. Chuck Norris roundhoused me in the head once and I have never washed that side of my head. LOL HHAHAHAHAHAHA