i have alot of questions!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on i have alot of questions! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my first question is what are the first mods i should get without breaking the bank and will they void ...

i have alot of questions!

my first question is what are the first mods i should get without breaking the bank and will they void my warrenty?
    also can a stock 05 subaru wrx beat a 05 dodge srt-4 acr? all he has is intake.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Um lets see....a short ram AEM intake should run about $250....$300 at the most www.andysautosport.com but it may void your warranty, also you could go for a blow-off valve...which may also void it lol. As for beating an SRT....i dont know cause i tried and lost and we have the same car so.....but it also depends on the driver

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne190 View Post
    Um lets see....a short ram AEM intake should run about $250....$300 at the most www.andysautosport.com but it may void your warranty, also you could go for a blow-off valve...which may also void it lol. As for beating an SRT....i dont know cause i tried and lost and we have the same car so.....but it also depends on the driver
    AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne190 View Post
    Ok AEM intake=bad and blow-off-valve= bad

As for first mods i would get a catless uppipe first. They go for about 150 or so.

Flame on.
    Last edited by PJO42387; 12-03-2006 at 10:27 PM.
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi View Post
    AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Damnt, You beat me
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Damnt, You beat me
    seems like that happens a lot huh? just messin
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi View Post
    seems like that happens a lot huh? just messin
    Ya no shet and i still have no access port.
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Ya no shet and i still have no access port.
    there's one for sale in the classifieds jump on it 500 shipped..sorry dude but trust me stage 2 is wayyyy cool!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Im still waiting to go stage 2...gonna wait for the weather to get warmer, so I can try to do it myself, and also install engine/tranny mounts too since im down there. I think i might throw in the cobb double adjustable shifter, just for kicks. Man it will be like getting a new car!
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

Is this "New Member Hangout" or "New Members Trade Bad Advice"?

Quote Originally Posted by wkbrdr08 View Post
    my first question is what are the first mods i should get without breaking the bank and will they void my warrenty?
    The only intake I would get for a WRX would be the Cobb SF intake. Even then, it would certainly not be my first mod. Also, don't get a BOV with the stock turbo.....end of discussion about BOV.
    My first mod would be an AccessPORT. You can preorder one of the new ones [http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3120], or get a used Ver. 1 off somebody. Both have the same programming maps. After the AP, I would get an uppipe and downpipe. Brand doesn't really matter. I have Helix up/dp [http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subex.htm]. You can also go with the cheap, but good build quality ERZ up/dp off of Ebay [http://search.ebay.com/search/search...wrx&category0=].
    Those mods will get you the power, which it sounds like you want first. There are a million other things you can do to the WRX, and I've done a lot of them. If you want any more advice, let me know.
    As for the SRT-4, race him from a stop. From a roll it would probably be ugly, but you should get him from a stop.

psycho
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    my first question is what are the first mods i should get without breaking the bank
    Modify from the ground up. Start with tires and move inward and upward on the chassis. The motor makes adequate power and torque.

and will they void my warrenty?
    If you use unauthorized and/or imitation parts (aftermarket) and they damage your vehicle, Subaru will gladly let you pay for the repairs.

I am unaware of any vehicle that can beat an SRT-4.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Intake = Bad
    BOV = Horrible

I am going to make a legally binding document stating that anyone saying a BOV is good for your car/creates performance gain with the stock turbo should be banned.

I agree, put some Toyos on it, flash stage 1, then work on a TBE, then flash stage 2. Easy as cake and you have 285hp right from those mods.

And wha!!? Are you kidding me!!? SRT-4s beat F16s bro.
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysToSunday View Post
    SRT-4s beat F16s bro.
    dont race him
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I raced one at the "track" and man those cars are fast, he was beating vipers and supras. Then when we left the track I saw the srt had hit a orange cone and was totalled
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Quote Originally Posted by WRXED06 View Post
    I raced one at the "track" and man those cars are fast, he was beating vipers and supras. Then when we left the track I saw the srt had hit a orange cone and was totalled
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast