BMW>Subaru... jk-- NOOB TIME
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on BMW>Subaru... jk-- NOOB TIME within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I've been looking to join the WRX nation for quite sometime now and will hopefully be getting an STI ...

BMW>Subaru... jk-- NOOB TIME

Hey, I've been looking to join the WRX nation for quite sometime now and will hopefully be getting an STI with in a year or 2, that is if my M3 stops breaking Im active member in the BMW forums but thought it would be a good Idea to know my shiz before I purchase an STi, thats it for now.

Here's my baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That looks nice
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

some bmw>subarus, some subarus>bmw's

your m3 looks sweet. Gotta love the e (36s?) -i think that is what its called....in my opinion a much sportsman/tuners directed car, the new one is phenomenally nice, but it seems geared to the greaseball rich man
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Nice Beamer. Welcom to da club yo!
    CGM

Thats beautiful man, but I'd still probably get an STi cause I'm not all about impressing the chicks so much as having fun. That M3 probably doesnt go offroad too well

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza WRX View Post
    Thats beautiful man, but I'd still probably get an STi cause I'm not all about impressing the chicks so much as having fun. That M3 probably doesnt go offroad too well
    Haha thanks for the compliments guys

The M does more then just impressing the ladies...RWD FTMFW! Iv'e beat my fair share of lightly modded STi's but also have been raped by them

Mods list if anyone is interested:

1996 BMW M3 - COSMOS BLACK - 5spd

Dinan ECU, TC Delete boot, CAI, UUC Exhaust, OBD1 Manifold,Cometic Headgasket, ARP headbolts,stage 2 clutch, Zex Wet Nitrous Kit+ RPM Window swtich,Euro lights,8000k Hid,X drilled rotors, Many more...

Custom turbo kit in progress... If you know anyone with a GT35R .70 AR let me know

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by formulaemulatio View Post
    Haha thanks for the compliments guys

The M does more then just impressing the ladies...RWD FTMFW! Iv'e beat my fair share of lightly modded STi's but also have been raped by them

Mods list if anyone is interested:

1996 BMW M3 - COSMOS BLACK - 5spd

Dinan ECU, TC Delete boot, CAI, UUC Exhaust, OBD1 Manifold,Cometic Headgasket, ARP headbolts,stage 2 clutch, Zex Wet Nitrous Kit+ RPM Window swtich,Euro lights,8000k Hid,X drilled rotors, Many more...

Custom turbo kit in progress... If you know anyone with a GT35R .70 AR let me know
    BMWCCA FTW

Look at the new E36 335i!! (I think its an E36, could be wrong though) Twin turbo action is incredible. I really wish that BMW would get with the program and make Xdrive standard though. They focus too much on tacky wood interiors and nightvision (Now on 7 series *sigh*). Personally I feel they are too competetive with Porsche to function.

Damn Bavarians.

I have to say though, some BMWs > Subarus
    Some Subarus > BMWs

Depends on where you look and what car we're talking about. Even now an M6 may be able to take an STi. Not too sure though.
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysToSunday View Post
    BMWCCA FTW

Look at the new E36 335i!! (I think its an E36, could be wrong though) Twin turbo action is incredible.

Depends on where you look and what car we're talking about. Even now an M6 may be able to take an STi. Not too sure though.

The new 335 is nice, not an e36. That black bmw is an e36. However, I would be careful with a first year model bmw, espeically a turboed one. In addition, the M6 would eat an Sti in a straight line. I'm not positive about the track, but it appears the M5 (e60) is significantly faster than the STi at the nuremberg curcuit. The M5 and M6 are pretty comparable in terms of times I bet.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    The new 335 is nice, not an e36. That black bmw is an e36. However, I would be careful with a first year model bmw, espeically a turboed one. In addition, the M6 would eat an Sti in a straight line. I'm not positive about the track, but it appears the M5 (e60) is significantly faster than the STi at the nuremberg curcuit. The M5 and M6 are pretty comparable in terms of times I bet.
    Too bad the Neiman Marcus M6s sold out in 96 seconds. Thats right, 96 seconds. Only 50 were made. $135,000 each.

Yeah I think the 335i is an E53 or something stupid like that. I've got an issue of Roundel somewhere around here that goes real in depth on it. Amazing car though.

Thing that sucks about Bimmers is that they are all trashing the conventional manual gearbox and switching to SMG paddle shifts.
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

M6 = I just touched my tra la la

I'd settle for a Z4 M coupe though.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I am kind of wishing I went with an E36 M3 instead of my WRX. Please tell me stories as to why I shouldn't feel so bad.

How is the reliability? Maintenance? Just how fast are they?

Details to quench my possible regret! Thanks.
    2006 WRX TR

The 335I is classified under the "E92" body code. As for the M6, sorry to say but it and the m5 would run circles around an STi at the track

To answer the question above, my M has been very reliable with just standard things needed to be replaced. Its usually not running becuase im taken it apart lol...Of course when it breaks it will be a bit more to fix then your suby There is no doubt in my mind you would be more satisfied with an M over the Wrx, sti could be different story.

Insurance is biatch so that might keep you happy

I put a good amount of cars without Nitrous on a regular modded wrx, with it its sad... hope that answer how fast it is, the handling is the best part
    Last edited by formulaemulatio; 12-05-2006 at 12:10 AM.

I had a 96 M3, fun ass car to drive.
    I was more worried on a crappy road and potholes would make me crindge

In the wrx , i just dont worry as much, feels like it can handle some rough roads.

subaru + toyota ftw
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

when i really want to feel some performance, i hop in my Kart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0067.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast