Newbie to the Subie
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie to the Subie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, my name is Ryan and I just bought a 2002 WRX with 36k on it last night. Its ...

Newbie to the Subie

Hey guys, my name is Ryan and I just bought a 2002 WRX with 36k on it last night. Its bone stock all the way down the the tires. Its a really fun car to drive and totally different from the Hondas that I am use to. I am not new to the concept of a turbo as I built a couple of them for hondas, but a stock turbo is something totally different to me so I am interested in learning much from this car. My first upgrade will be an in car boost gauge since mine does not have one stock, however I have to figure out which line is a vaccuum line I can tap into under the hood cause I have no idea how one of these works haha. The horizontal engine is totally new to me and I cant wait to get some wrench time on it. I hope to snap some pics soon and post them up for you guys to see!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the car.

Here is a boost gauge install, it is for an sti, but same process for a wrx!

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2153
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

thanks for the info, like i said im no newbie to the turbo thing, question about the above link though are they using the bov vaccuum/boost source as the source for the gauge as well? I didnt see that specific in the write up but assumed it since they are cutting the line for it. Also was that a stock gauge that they were installing into the car?

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by noos-wrx View Post
    Welcome

thanks for the welcome and did you mean to say NOOB haha

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Ryan and I just bought a 2002 WRX with 36k on it last night. Its bone stock all the way down the the tires. Its a really fun car to drive and totally different from the Hondas that I am use to. I am not new to the concept of a turbo as I built a couple of them for hondas, but a stock turbo is something totally different to me so I am interested in learning much from this car. My first upgrade will be an in car boost gauge since mine does not have one stock, however I have to figure out which line is a vaccuum line I can tap into under the hood cause I have no idea how one of these works haha. The horizontal engine is totally new to me and I cant wait to get some wrench time on it. I hope to snap some pics soon and post them up for you guys to see!
    Hey whats up Ryan.. Welcome to the club man and thats a nice find on the 2002 Impreza wrx with 36k!!! I have went from a 2g Acura Integra, 88 Accord hatch, 2000 Honda Civic, a 88 crx zc project car an now have a 2003 Impreza Wrx. What color is your subie by the way?
    Black 03 Impreza WRX (Fully Rebuilt Motor 15,xxx Miles )
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Upper Front Tower Brace
    Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
    thanks for the welcome and did you mean to say NOOB haha
    NO
    That's my call name

Quote Originally Posted by ssnataku View Post
    Hey whats up Ryan.. Welcome to the club man and thats a nice find on the 2002 Impreza wrx with 36k!!! I have went from a 2g Acura Integra, 88 Accord hatch, 2000 Honda Civic, a 88 crx zc project car an now have a 2003 Impreza Wrx. What color is your subie by the way?
    I know how you feel, I had a built and turboed 2g integra, I have a modded 98 civic now that im trying to sell, and I just bought the wrx, its silver btw since you asked. I love the car and its so stock it really makes me want to keep it that way. The only thing I want to really do is put an exhaust on it for some sound, and get the AP tuner from Cobb along with the boost gauge mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by noos-wrx View Post
    NO
    That's my call name
    yeah i actually figured that after i read your name on here haha

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club Ryan!

Looking forward to the pics.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Welcome and happy modding
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Welcome.....Post pics! We all love pics
    CGM

welcome and enjoy your new ride

welcome welcome.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Ryan...

Enjoy the club
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.