Ex Mustang owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ex Mustang owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm guessing the WRX clutch is as light or lighter than the STi clutch, and I dont know if Im ...

I'm guessing the WRX clutch is as light or lighter than the STi clutch, and I dont know if Im just used to the ACT clutch, but I went to move my buddies STi and it felt as the clutch was non existant. I've driven my fair share of standard trans, and i dont think its any heavier than my 84 Honda Accords or my 91 Nissan Pathfinders. The only stick mustang that I drove was a 4cyl , and that wasnt heavy at all! Just my opinion, yours may vary.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes your right, its probably as light as the 84 and 91 you mentioned, but cars and clutches have come A LONG WAY since then and by a long way I mean a long way towards making them all soft and girly like, although i've never driven the too I reckon a 84 honda and a 2004 honda would have drastically different clutches....the only really old car I've driven was a late 70s (79 i think) vw rabbit, and that had a heavy clutch, todays golfs/rabbits are slush boxes....i think were both agreeing here just approaching it from two different angles....if you think the wrx is light though, I warn you don't ever buy a new economy car....camry, accord, jetta, etc you'll super p*ssed.
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

The WRX clutch seems about right to me. The clutch on the 2001 mustang gt was ridiculously heavy. You got a workout every time you drove it! And around DC in traffic- you could have muscle failure after an hour of doing that thing. The one thing I am going to do right away is get the short throw shifter- the stock one in the wrx feels a little rubbery compared to the short throw I had in the stang. Maybe it's just getting broken in though...... I've seen $290 as a price- any ideas if that's a good deal or not???
    Last edited by lightngnabottle; 12-03-2006 at 07:19 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lightngnabottle View Post
    The WRX clutch seems about right to me. The clutch on the 2001 mustang gt was ridiculously heavy. You got a workout every time you drove it! And around DC in traffic- you could have muscle failure after an hour of doing that thing. The one thing I am going to do right away is get the short throw shifter- the stock one in the wrx feels a little rubbery compared to the short throw I had in the stang. Maybe it's just getting broken in though...... I've seen $290 as a price- any ideas if that's a good deal or not???
    I'd look into getting a Kartboy shifter with new bushings.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.