New Car Search!?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Car Search!?! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone! My current lease 03' Ford Mustang is up in March...so i have begun my search for a new ...

New Car Search!?!

Hey Everyone!

My current lease 03' Ford Mustang is up in March...so i have begun my search for a new car! I would give anything to get into the 07' Mustang GT but i cant afford the 400+ per month payment, as well as the hit my insurance is sure to take...i have always loved the WRX and now is my cahnce to get one...ok lets be honest my search started and ended with the WRX haha...now i just have to convince my parents i can afford it.

I'm looking at the WRX TR edition or the WRX that it one level above that...i think they are listed at 24 and 26 grand...i was suggested around 350-400 per month on a payment.

My biggest question is this...what is needed to be done to the TR or the WRX to put it up into the STi playground? I would like a list of things that would need to be changed and so forth to get into the STi playground?

Thanks!
    Last edited by roadrunner1659; 12-01-2006 at 05:01 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First, search.

Second, look at the mod lists of people who have modded there cars who are pushing out around 270 HP/ 260-280 ft. lbs. With that kind of power and torque, you'll definitely be able to hang with a stock STi/STI as well as many other cars out there as well.(straight line of course)

what should i be searching for and thanks for the reply!

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...69#post1268469

This is a link to people and their mods. Some of them have their torque and whp ratings. This is what I was referring to previously.

do you think its worth it to get the limited package...the leather and stuff?

I LOVE my limited package. I feel like i'm upper class However, you said yo u were looking for performance. With the extra money it costs for the limited package, you could definitely help your performance cause. Any other questions bud just private message me. I'm harmless.

limited package is cool, but will put you up over your payment that you mentioned you didnt want on the stang.

TR models can be found for under $22k.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner1659 View Post
    Hey Everyone!

My current lease 03' Ford Mustang is up in March...so i have begun my search for a new car! I would give anything to get into the 07' Mustang GT but i cant afford the 400+ per month payment, as well as the hit my insurance is sure to take...i have always loved the WRX and now is my cahnce to get one...ok lets be honest my search started and ended with the WRX haha...now i just have to convince my parents i can afford it.

I'm looking at the WRX TR edition or the WRX that it one level above that...i think they are listed at 24 and 26 grand...i was suggested around 350-400 per month on a payment.

My biggest question is this...what is needed to be done to the TR or the WRX to put it up into the STi playground? I would like a list of things that would need to be changed and so forth to get into the STi playground?

Thanks!

First Welcome to the forum, and secondly good move going from the stang to a Rex. I'm sure you'll be happy you got one as soon as you feel the AWD putting you back in your seat with just a few very easy mods.

Thanks!

i was wondering...as it looks right now, the WRX is going to cost me around 400 per month...

do you guys think i am foolish for thinking that i can afford this? i mean i feel like a can...but realistically can i? I called my insurance company and found out i would save about 125$ per year so thats a plus...puts me around 2050$ per year.

I mean im a college student and yes 400 per month is alot but i think i can do it...i'm currently making 800 per month but that will likely go up to around 1g per month and when im working fulltime (when school is out...for about 4 months) i make upwards of 1600 per month...so if im smart and i save properly i shouldn't have any difficulties...or am i just being foolish?

Thanks for the responces!

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome!

Foolish? Only you can truly decide that. Do not over extend yourself. Do / will you have student loans to pay off? As a college student you will have a lot of time to get the car of your dreams later. It might be best by saving up for a while and then see where you are at $-wise.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

No i will not have any student loans to payoff...i commute to college so my parents said as long as they can afford it they will cover it...so i suck it up and drive an hr to get to school...but i will later benefit when i graduate in a year and a half...and i understand that i have the rest of my life to get the car of my dreams haha...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner1659 View Post
    No i will not have any student loans to payoff...i commute to college so my parents said as long as they can afford it they will cover it...so i suck it up and drive an hr to get to school...but i will later benefit when i graduate in a year and a half...and i understand that i have the rest of my life to get the car of my dreams haha...
    As long as you know you can comfortably fit it into your budget, go for it.

Post up pics when you get one.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i got my 04 STI for 23,000. it takes a while to find one in good shape for that much, but it is worht the wait
    proud owner of a 2004 Subaru WRX STI, silver on silver (pics should be taken when i get home on dec 8)

Toyota Celica GT-S (my baby who got run over by a drunk driver)

emeralds...i think what your talking about might actually be happening!

an 06' WRX Sedan with the Limited Package...for 22k...and 9k miles...this might be my lucky day!

You mentioned you were leasing a mustang. I just sold my 2001 mustang gt and bought a 2006 wrx (limited pkg) a couple days ago. Best decision I've ever made. It's better in every single way than my mustang. I've only had it for 2 days, but am a total convert. I was also looking at the 2007 mustang, but needed something w/ 4 doors and that I could drive in bad weather. It's just a totally different experience.

The limited package is totally worth it if you can afford it. I love the leather, moonroof and heated seats! My only regret was that I didn't do this sooner. Trust me- you'll love it. It'll seem like you're driving a luxury car compared to your stang........You'll also wonder why you didn't do this sooner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast