Werd - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Werd within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by addicted1 Everyone has their own tastes. That is the wing from a 03 Type-R. It is a ...

Quote Originally Posted by addicted1 View Post
    Everyone has their own tastes. That is the wing from a 03 Type-R. It is a factory wing I had ordered from Japan. Now the RSX's have a wing styled like it as a factory option.

Mod List:
    CN Stage 1 Turbo Kit
    Custom Intake
    Tial BOV
    650 RC Injectors
    Hondata K-Pro tuned by Hondata & Church's Automotive
    ENJO Motor Mounts
    A/F Boost gauges
    ACT Streetlight flywheel
    Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
    Greddy Oil Can

HKS Turbo Timer (Type-0)
    GReddy EVO TT Exhaust
    TEIN SS-P w/ EDFC
    Progress Front & Rear Sway bars
    Cusco Strut Bar

Enkei RSV 17" Black w/ polished lip w/ BFG G-Force Sports
    ITR Pedals
    ITR Wing
    ITR HID Headlights
    ITR Valve Cover
    Comptech Oil Cap
    Comptech Short Shifter
    Honda iS emblems

Key to making the power was I was sponsored by Hondata and Church's Automotive back in the day. They did an amazing job. The car was tuned up to 14 psi, but we brought it down to 9.5 to get the 300whp. The K-Series engine is an amazing piece of machinery. I love the car, but I'm selling it to move up to the STI. Since I've moved to the East Coast, I need a car set up to handel the seasons. The RSX can do it, but... well a safer more practical car like the STI is a better fit for me now.

You were sponsored by Hondata, damn you're lucky. I bet they had your RSX dialed in almost perfect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    You were sponsored by Hondata, damn you're lucky. I bet they had your RSX dialed in almost perfect.
    It was dialed in perfect, not almost. I've not had a single issue in almost two years with the setup. The inventor of hondata and shawn church working on my car... it was a dream come true. Plus I was able to be part of the information movement in exploring fuel management with the K-Series motors. Was a blast. Hope I'll be able to get involved with something like that with the STI.

The wing to me is personal preference, not a huge fan, but it doesn't look bad. That being said with all your mods, I think it'd be super sweet to roll around with stock wheels, small small wing, matching painted hood and maybe even some kind of stock looking exhaust tip and just smoke punks in your stealth mobile.....

I don't know what it is, something about being stealth just always gets me, its too much fun messing with punk-ricers and rich yuppies in their BMW and Audis....maybe thats why I drive a wagon

anywhooo, sweet mods, sweet ride, you'll love the WRX
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by GateWRXING View Post
    The wing to me is personal preference, not a huge fan, but it doesn't look bad. That being said with all your mods, I think it'd be super sweet to roll around with stock wheels, small small wing, matching painted hood and maybe even some kind of stock looking exhaust tip and just smoke punks in your stealth mobile.....

I don't know what it is, something about being stealth just always gets me, its too much fun messing with punk-ricers and rich yuppies in their BMW and Audis....maybe thats why I drive a wagon

anywhooo, sweet mods, sweet ride, you'll love the WRX
    I agree with what you say. The wing used to be unique and it is from a Japanese ITR, so its at elast authentic, not replica. I did roll around stealth for a while. Everything including the hood i piced for functionality, not looks. Wing added downforce (not alot) and the hood is right above the rear mount turbo and intake. I do miss the sleeper element.

No man, I agree with you, I wasn't criticizing the functionality, I think you could paint the hood, add another wing (many wings of all sizes give some downforce)...etc, the sleeper element rules...but I wasn't at all incinuating that you had form over function...nice wheels!
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by addicted1 View Post
    It was dialed in perfect, not almost. I've not had a single issue in almost two years with the setup. The inventor of hondata and shawn church working on my car... it was a dream come true. Plus I was able to be part of the information movement in exploring fuel management with the K-Series motors. Was a blast. Hope I'll be able to get involved with something like that with the STI.
    It's always awsome to be sponsored by people who know every detail of our car when tuning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12