Hello from Japan - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from Japan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So...could you like, pick me up a v3 RA and ship it over here Welcome......

So...could you like, pick me up a v3 RA and ship it over here

Welcome...
    2000 SRP 2.5RS - Cobb CAI, Tanabe Medallion Exhaust, Borla Headers - Up next: Screw N/A, going swap...EJ207/K/G! (Whatever I can get my hands on...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

intial d

Quote Originally Posted by GC8 View Post
    Hi all,

My name is Frank. I live in Subaru land near tokyo. I got a WRX STI version 4 (1998). I went through the most obvious mods:

- TEIN SuperStreet suspension
    - Apexi catback
    - Blitz bov
    - Potenza RE-01R tires
    - black windows

I just bought an STI version 5 downforce wing from Yahoo auction. (big InitialD fan!)

You can see pics here:

http://tein.webhop.net

and

http://sti.webhop.net

On that latest page, u can see some vids, including one sunday race at Tsukuba circuit TC1000 (class C in Mazda Sport-20 (looks like Protege 5 in US).

and some pics of my car crash at 100 km/h..can't believe I just came out with a broken hand!!

Dude you're luck to come away from that with just a broken hand, and damn lucky to be in Japan aka import heaven. I'm a huge Initial D fan too. It's really shows ya what a big mod a good driver is.

GC8
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    This may seem like a stupid question, but is that your actual license plate? If so, it's awesome and completely appropriate that a Subaru would get "555".
    By the way, that's an awesome car, and welcome to the club.
    yup, that's my number plate. In Japan, we can choose the number we like for about 30$. What I did not expect though was for them to give me the hiragana "YA" on the plate (Japanese license plate have japanese characters and numbers). So literally it reads in Japanese:

Ya-GO-GO-GO (5 is pronounced GO)

Cool hey!?

ya~TA!!!

So where in/around Tokyo are you? I'm in Katsushika-ku
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

GC8

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    ya~TA!!!

So where in/around Tokyo are you? I'm in Katsushika-ku
    I live in Tsukuba, about 45 min from Akihabara.

u have been to Tsukuba Circuit?

GC8
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    Dude you're luck to come away from that with just a broken hand, and damn lucky to be in Japan aka import heaven. I'm a huge Initial D fan too. It's really shows ya what a big mod a good driver is.

u bet, i heard after it was the worst crash in 20 years since the circuit opened. If you look on the pic, u can see that the car I hit was a WRX STI , at that time brand new (2 weeks old!). The other driver lost control of it in a curve section of the track and his car went right through the turf section and came suddenly in front of me when I was in full acceleration. I had no time to break and hit him on his left side (passenger side in Japan) which sent him spinning in full circle. The guy also survived the impact and sustained neck injury (I guess his head must have swung hard!). My car caught on fire and the steering came out a bit of its socket which probably explained my broken hand.

In one of the greatest gentleman gesture I have ever seen, he agreed to pay completely for the cost to replace my car (which was 1 year old) and offered me an extra 2000000 yens (20$K).

After the crash I decided to get a WRX STI with that money. In the end it is a happy ending but it could have been so ugly no doubt about it.

Nice ride. I dont see many of those here, but the ones I do see are damn sweet. A really swank silver one zips by me just about every day going to work.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

u bet, i heard after it was the worst crash in 20 years since the circuit opened. If you look on the pic, u can see that the car I hit was a WRX STI , at that time brand new (2 weeks old!). The other driver lost control of it in a curve section of the track and his car went right through the turf section and came suddenly in front of me when I was in full acceleration. I had no time to break and hit him on his left side (passenger side in Japan) which sent him spinning in full circle. The guy also survived the impact and sustained neck injury (I guess his head must have swung hard!). My car caught on fire and the steering came out a bit of its socket which probably explained my broken hand.

In one of the greatest gentleman gesture I have ever seen, he agreed to pay completely for the cost to replace my car (which was 1 year old) and offered me an extra 2000000 yens (20$K).

After the crash I decided to get a WRX STI with that money. In the end it is a happy ending but it could have been so ugly no doubt about it.

wow, so it was a blessing with a bit of a curse.

GC8,

Haven't been to Tsukuba circuit, I've been here for just over 4 months. How long have you been in Japan for?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    ^^

I'm excited to homestay in Kyoto with my friends Masataka and Yuki
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

GC8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    GC8,

Haven't been to Tsukuba circuit, I've been here for just over 4 months. How long have you been in Japan for?
    I moved to Japan back in 95. 30% of my life spent here... and I was coming originally for 2 years...

I moved to Japan back in 95. 30% of my life spent here... and I was coming originally for 2 years...
    WOW !!!! That's awesome, your Japanese must be damn near perfect.

for cars, Japan is perfect. I bet it's not even that expensive to get track time, right.

sweet to have you here. I was in Japan back at the beginning of November, and found it extremely difficult to find the nice cars. the whole time i was there i found 4 sweet cars, 1 of which looked like a mostly stock STi. Where in Tokyo do they hide? I was right in the Akasaka? region i think. Spent a few days in Osaka, and ended my trip in Fukuoka. Can't wait to go back. Truly amazing country.

whats the significance of the 555? i have seen it before on older rally subarus?
    "Women: Shopping, Hair, Diets. What's the mystery? - AC Slater (Saved by the Bell)

#102 - BugEye Mafia - "Cabana Boy"

"555" used to sponsor the Subaru WRC team. It's a British tobacco company I think.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.