just got rear ended

This is a discussion on just got rear ended within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just like the title says just got rear ended on my 05 wagon. i was on the 60 freeway stopped ...

just got rear ended

just like the title says just got rear ended on my 05 wagon. i was on the 60 freeway stopped cuz of traffic and this lady probably wasnt paying attention and hit me. she says she was going about 50 mph luckily she or i didn't get hurt. i have never been involved in any accident just wanted to know will this be a big hassle thru insurance? i have infinity insurance hopefully they are an ok insurance company anyone else have them? i wanna get an idea if this will be a hassle or it will go smooth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about your loss.....glad to hear your okay.... im assuming the car is totaled???
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss.....glad to hear your okay.... im assuming the car is totaled???
    i dont think its totaled the back is just all smashed in. and some parts are all dangling from the back. my exhaust just fell off the only thing holding is seems to me its the bolts from the downpipe that connect to the turbo. i guess u can say the exhaust came off the its hangers but its all crushed.

just contact ur insurance and they will take care of it, her insurance will pay to have your car fixed after an appriaser comes and looks at your car and tells the insurance company how much it is damaged. then u take it somewhere and have it fixed and her insurance has to pay that company that you take your car too. it is not really hard just time consuming so, if u have rent a car in ur insurance then u will get a car to drive while urs is getting fixed if not then u have to find ur own ride.

if you got hit in the back while she was going that fast you might have some frame damage. if she was driving a small car and hit you low that is probably what happened. be prepaired for your suspension to never be the same because that kind of hit probably loosened up some stuff. unfortunatly i would hope that they call your car totaled and you can move on to another with the insurance money. i know plenty of people who have been hit in the back and repaired it, but are having problems with brakes or suspension. good luck with everything and i hope you can come out of this with something better. i would also like to add that if it jsut happened today be prepaired for your neck to hurt for the next week or so. you might not feel it now, but the pain will come. like i said earlier, good luck with it all, and sorry i can't help with the insurance side.
    proud owner of a 2004 Subaru WRX STI, silver on silver (pics should be taken when i get home on dec 8)

Toyota Celica GT-S (my baby who got run over by a drunk driver)

I agree with Emeralds as well with the others. I was in an accident 2 months ago in a 2002 Toyota Gt. It took them about a month to pay me out for the car being totalled(my insurance paid me however, they are going to get their money back because it wasn't my fault). I would make sure to go to the chiropractor to make sure nothing is wrong with ur neck and back(most likely there is). A lot of the time, if you have full coverage, your insurance has an amount that they will pay for your doctor visits. Then, when you settle with the other companies, you'll have to pay that money back and get to keep the rest. By the way, if the other insurance asks if you are ok, tell them that you are seeking medical care to ensure everything is alright healthwise with you.

i got rear ended on the 60 freeway too. they were doing bridge construction and had diverted all traffic off main st. in riverside and some guy in a highlander rear ended me. he said that he was sleepy and probably closed his eyes as for the insurance, it went smooth. i even asked if i can use the money for a stock trunk to get a cf trunk and they said it was ok. on the other hand, the shop that worked on my car gave me soo many problems. it took them 4 months to get my car done. hope everything works out for you

SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    i got rear ended on the 60 freeway too. they were doing bridge construction and had diverted all traffic off main st. in riverside and some guy in a highlander rear ended me. he said that he was sleepy and probably closed his eyes as for the insurance, it went smooth. i even asked if i can use the money for a stock trunk to get a cf trunk and they said it was ok. on the other hand, the shop that worked on my car gave me soo many problems. it took them 4 months to get my car done. hope everything works out for you

my accident happened exactly where yours did sounds like if they do fix it its not gonna be like it was. damn im sad now hopefully they consider it totaled. and thanks for the advise guys i will go to the doctor cuz i do have some pains. btw it was a corolla that hit me. feel sorry for her cuz it was brand new car no plates yet.
    Last edited by Evilrock; 11-27-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Ok, seeing how you got rear ended, contact your insurance company with all of her insurance information..you don't have to worry about your insurance, her insurance company should cover the whole thing because it was her fault.. and yes, go see your doctor since you are having some pains.

in hindsight you might have asked a paramedic to give you the once over whiel you were at the scene since it is harder to prove that the pain came from the wreck. also if it looked like WRX13oy ' s car then it won't be totaled. hope everything gets figured out fast and efficiently for your sake. when my car got smashed it took 2 months to get the money... then again it was a hit and run...
    proud owner of a 2004 Subaru WRX STI, silver on silver (pics should be taken when i get home on dec 8)

Toyota Celica GT-S (my baby who got run over by a drunk driver)