2.0L to 2.5L shortblocks

This is a discussion on 2.0L to 2.5L shortblocks within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a converstaion with a guy awhile back about putting a 2.5L sti shortblock in the place of a ...

2.0L to 2.5L shortblocks

I had a converstaion with a guy awhile back about putting a 2.5L sti shortblock in the place of a 2.0L wrx shortblock. I assume that I would need to use the 2.0L gasket set, along with the 2.0L headbolts. Is this swap possiable and does anyone know where I can read on it???
    I assume this mod would give me a stronger lower end and more torque. I have an '03 that the lower end is on the way out. Any help would be appreaciated.

The shortblock I am looking at are supplied by local subaru dealer. So us versions are the choises.
    Last edited by wrxsmt; 11-24-2006 at 07:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have that swap done on my car. my setup follows:
    stage1 gruppe-s 2.5L short block
    helix cams and valvetrain
    wrx heads
    cometic headgasket (for 2.5L)
    helix 820cc injectors
    power enterprise timing belt
    cosworth oil pump
    vf22
    blitz fmic
    utec
    hks tbe
    greddy ebc
    hks bov
    and probably some other stuff i cant think of right now

i have about 1000 miles on the new engine and im loving the low end power. its still untuned but will be once i get about 3k miles on the engine
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I have a 2.0l -2.5l swap as well (done by gruppe-s). I also have a up/dp and full tuned. Let me just say that its a great idea. The power and torque i picked up was great and my wrx can beat any sti that isnt tuned and any evo that isnt tuned. The block is a direct bolt on and fits everything already on the engine. Same gaskets and parts are used. The 2.0 and 2.5 are the same bolt size but just different displacement.
    13.3 @103mph 03 wrx blue