hello.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hello. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently purchased an '02 WRX with the following mods... vf39 modded stock injectors walbro fuel pump sti up pipe ...

hello.

I recently purchased an '02 WRX with the following mods...

vf39
    modded stock injectors
    walbro fuel pump
    sti up pipe
    hks down pipe
    apexi exhuast
    ecutek w/base map, still needs to be retuned definately

I have no numbers to what the car puts out right now because it's untuned at the moment. The car is awaiting a clutch install, not sure if I'm going to go with OEM, Exedy, or an ACT, anyone have recommendations? The clutch is started to slip so I can't tune it in it's present status, so I don't have any numbers to go with what clutch I should go with.

Exterior is pretty simplistic with just 15% tint all around and everything else is stock, except for the exhuast sticking out the back

2 questions for you guys. Anyone know what numbers I should be putting down? I'll be tuning it in about a month when I have a bit more free time, but in the mean time, I'd like to get an idea so I can fit a clutch.

Second is which clutch I should go with, OEM, Exedy, or ACT.

I'll try to post pics up when I can. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

If you search around some you should see some people with vf39's that have posted their numbers. Additionally, you should be able to find some people with several opinions on clutches. As long as your going new I would would want to upgrade form the oem. I'm sure Exedy and ACT have their fans but beyond that it really depends on your goals/use of the car will be (track car, is streetability important etc.) Good luck!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Future mods possibly include STi TMIC with JDM hood scoop and matching air splitter and in intake...

Streetability is definitely important, it's going to be my daily driver! Thanks for the reply.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

The username ... I would guess your WRX has no wing? Post up some pics!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hahahaha... no.

My last name is Wang, and thanks to a very popular movie about a shagadelic spy a few years ago, my friends started calling me that.

The name has no real reference to me not having a wang.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wangless View Post
    The name has no real reference to me not having a wang.
    That was my first thought! I did not want to go there for my welcome!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    As long as your going new I would would want to upgrade form the oem. I'm sure Exedy and ACT have their fans but beyond that it really depends on your goals/use of the car will be (track car, is streetability important etc.) Good luck!
    So something other than OEM?

Welcome

i would stick with an OEM clutch. upgraded clutches put more stress on the tranny
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Thanks guys! So it seems like OEM is the way to go...

I found an OEM Exedy for $240 shipped, I think I'm going to go with that one. Let's just hope that my mods aren't too much for my clutch

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.