New to this site..and looking for advice

This is a discussion on New to this site..and looking for advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just joined this site, and i'm looking for some advice to help me along with my 03 wrx. I've ...

New to this site..and looking for advice

I just joined this site, and i'm looking for some advice to help me along with my 03 wrx. I've done a couple simple mods and i'm satisfied but i have that addiction to keep on adding, like i'm sure that all you have. So far i have HKS: Carbon Ti Exhaust, up-pipe, down pipe, and bov. Rota wheels that i don't plan on keeping for too long, full C-West kit, Tein spring's, and KYB shocks. That's about it..but i'm looking for more performance and i was wondering if tunning would help me at this point. With the mods listed, would i gain good performance?

-Thanks for any advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

Tuning will always help, no matter the mods. There are DIY engine management systems like the Cobb AccessPORT. http://www.cobbtuning.com/ The AP can be ProTUNED as well for more specific mods. You would do best with the stock BOV.

I would suggest you read the sticky at the top of this forum as it has great info to read in a well laid out format.

Another great resource: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

thanks man appreciate it..i'll be willing to get cobb, but i wouldn't know how to do it myself..would i be able to take it to a shop? Have it done for me?

I Support ClubWRX
    The AP is plug and play - easily done yourself. They have perfectly fine "off the shelf" maps for you to use.

A protune will need to be done by a shop. There is a list of protuners on Cobb's site.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks man..

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Definately recommend a Cobb AcessPORT. It's fairly easy and you don't even need to remove the car ECU. All you do is plug it in under the wheel and flash over the new map.

I currently have my car at Cobb Stage II, Perrin UP, Helix DP, Apex-i WS exhaust and K&N Drop in.

Stage I = 260hp
    Stage II = 285hp (And more fun! )

Good luck and welcome to the site!
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Welcome

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING