Newb with an even newbier question 8) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newb with an even newbier question 8) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by hasweL However, I do have another newb question, I was reading a different forum and a lot ...

Quote Originally Posted by hasweL View Post
    However, I do have another newb question, I was reading a different forum and a lot of people referring the horsepower of their car "to the wheels" and "to the crank". What's the difference between these two? I think I might already know the answer to this just by using logic, but I am just curious :P
    HP to the crank = how much power the engine puts out by itself, without loss from the transmission or drivetrain.

HP to the wheels = how much power the car puts down after you factor in loss from the transmission and drivetrain; I read somewhere that the drivetrain loss in the WRX is about 23% due to the complex AWD system, but I'm sure someone else here can correct me if that's wrong

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i heard that it was at ~ 25% also..
    good luck with the dealer!
    current savings toward my subbie!!
    $400

GOAL:$3k

http://qwerty.youaremighty.com

Nice, thanks for all the information, very helpful. I've got another question, I called Allstate the other day to check out insurance prices, and they quoted me (17 year old male, good grades, no tickets/accidents) something like $2300 a year. I thought this was way too high... how much do you guys pay for your insurance? >< Is that too high, or does that actually seem pretty accurate? :\

-hasweL
    19 year old male from Florida, no tickets/accidents. Clean driving record and I pay something over $4000 a year so consider yourself lucky

Nice, thanks for all the information, very helpful. I've got another question, I called Allstate the other day to check out insurance prices, and they quoted me (17 year old male, good grades, no tickets/accidents) something like $2300 a year. I thought this was way too high... how much do you guys pay for your insurance? >< Is that too high, or does that actually seem pretty accurate? :\

-hasweL
    Unfortunately there isn't a lot of use in comparing rates. Age, occupation, phase of the moon and about 60 other things factor into what kind of quote youíre gonna get.

You should shop around; different insurance companies weight these things differently. Liberty Mutual wanted $1900/6 months for the same coverage that Iím giving Geico $680/6 months for; Safeco gave me a quote in the Geico range too. There are websites you can goto that will submit your info to multiple companies and give you a breakdown of all their rates; insurance.com, 4insurance.com and comparisonmarket.com are some of the ones I used.

Also, try contacting a few local insurance agents, some of them work with multiple companies and will run the numbers for you, giving you whichever is the best rate when your policy is up. Plus itís always nice to have a person you can call directly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.