New here w/ 06 STi
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New here w/ 06 STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just thought I would say hello I am coming here from LS1tech.com, I traded my 2000 SS Camaro in on ...

C J

New here w/ 06 STi

Just thought I would say hello I am coming here from LS1tech.com, I traded my 2000 SS Camaro in on a brand new 06 model STI. I bought the car on Friday and it is supposed to be delivered on Monday from another dealership. I ended up getting a better deal on the car b/c it being a 2006 model year instead of 2007 but the car only has 17 miles on it so I stopped caring quickly! I will have pictures up ASAP when the car I take possession of the car.

Oh ya....I went with the Aspen White w/ gold bbs wheels. See you guys around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats, post pics when you get her and welcome

I Support ClubWRX
    Greeetings and welcome C J!

Congrats on the 06! We are glad you found our community.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

AWD =

Greetings and welcome! Congrats on your new 06' STI!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

C J
    thanks for the welcome guys, I am really excited to pick the car up I hate to get rid of my camaro which is faster as far as 1/4 mile goes but I am transferring from the University of Nebraska to Western Washington University and needed a more reliable/practical vehicle to drive the 1700 miles back and forth between home and school.

Are there quite a few people in the Seattle area on this forum? If so I hope to meet some people an attend some car meets/events in the future.

How much did you pay? under 30k?

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by CadGod-06sti View Post
    How much did you pay? under 30k?
    man i wish! The car is brand new with 17 miles on it, I can't believe you could get it for under 30k, invoice is more than that.

C J
    Another question that i had was about engine break in....how many miles are we talking here? I will be driving it over the next few days in town in regular stop and go traffic and I am sure I will rack up a hundred miles or so, but then I am leaving on a 1700 mile road trip. Should I be worried about the long periods of sustained rpms on the interstate? Also do you guys recommend a change of oil ASAP when I get to my destination or is the typical 3000 miles mark good?

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Another question that i had was about engine break in....how many miles are we talking here? I will be driving it over the next few days in town in regular stop and go traffic and I am sure I will rack up a hundred miles or so, but then I am leaving on a 1700 mile road trip. Should I be worried about the long periods of sustained rpms on the interstate? Also do you guys recommend a change of oil ASAP when I get to my destination or is the typical 3000 miles mark good?
    From what I hear after a few hundred miles is a great time to get an oil change, mainly because of all the new engine wear in. It ends up leaving fragments of metal and crap so its best to clear all that out of there. I'd do like 3 or 4 hundred miles, then 1000, then 3000, 6000, 9000 and so on.

Oh man I drove my brand new 6 miles on it 06 STi off the lot for 29000. In san diego. I got the add saved on my computer if you don't believe me I will email it to you. Bob Baker Subaru in El Cajon had it sticker for 29962.

How about a copy of the bill of sale.

And NOT because I don't believe you. Thats just about below invoice. Just delete your name/address/other personal information and post it for us all to see. The one signed by the sales manager and yourself. Once again it is NOT because I thinking you are making this up.!!
    Last edited by WRX STI w/SPT; 11-19-2006 at 09:43 PM. Reason: I wanted to see a REAL good car sales transaction!

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza WRX View Post
    From what I hear after a few hundred miles is a great time to get an oil change, mainly because of all the new engine wear in. It ends up leaving fragments of metal and crap so its best to clear all that out of there. I'd do like 3 or 4 hundred miles, then 1000, then 3000, 6000, 9000 and so on.
    Wow is that what most of you guys are doing? I know the myth of needing to change the oil shortly after purchase b/c of possible metal fragments, but it would seem that these days car manufacturers are using much tighter tolerances than cars 20-30 years ago which did require oil changes after a few hundred miles.

Either way I really don't think I will beable to change the oil until after I drive the 1700 miles....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast