New here w/ 06 STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New here w/ 06 STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; and welcome to The Club!!!! +1 for pics of your STI! Also, to clear up a few things: Recommended break-in ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

+1 for pics of your STI!

Also, to clear up a few things:
    • Recommended break-in is 1000 miles. Stay under 3000rpms, don't floor it, vary your rpms and try to not use cruise control.
    • After the break-in, get an oil change and then again at 3,000 miles. You mentioned you may not be able to do the first oil change until 1700 miles. Well do it as soon as possible, and just be cautious.
    • What you paid is your business, as there are so many variables that go into the cost of a car. So if I were you I wouldn't play the whole 'she paid, he paid' game.
    • And lastly, enjoy your freakin' sweet subie!!!!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

People have gotten away with not changing till 3k miles but you don't want fragments of metal in the oil leaking between places that cause friction. Changing at 300ish AND 1k miles would be a bit on the cautious side and as long as you change it at around 1k miles, you will be fine.

Also if you go over 4k, don't panic. Just try not to do it too much. I think as long as you drive it easy for 1k miles, you will be fine. Don't beat on it by redlining and don't baby it to the point of shifting at 2k rpms.

Oh and guess what...my WRX was cheaper then your STI! I love the "I paid this and you paid this" game.

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    People have gotten away with not changing till 3k miles but you don't want fragments of metal in the oil leaking between places that cause friction. Changing at 300ish AND 1k miles would be a bit on the cautious side and as long as you change it at around 1k miles, you will be fine.

Also if you go over 4k, don't panic. Just try not to do it too much. I think as long as you drive it easy for 1k miles, you will be fine. Don't beat on it by redlining and don't baby it to the point of shifting at 2k rpms.

Oh and guess what...my WRX was cheaper then your STI! I love the "I paid this and you paid this" game.
    I just figured a $40 for an oil change on the cautious side would be a better choice than letting it go too long and risking anything in a $30,000 vehicle But i'm weird like that.

Here is the add when I went down and bought the car they ended up droppin the price a bit more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carproof.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by CadGod-06sti View Post
    Here is the add when I went down and bought the car they ended up droppin the price a bit more.
    i think the ad is wrong. the 2006's did have 300 hp. the 2007's are the ones with 293hp.
    correct?

that price is back of net cost on an STI so i wonder if it is used or a demo or something else. that is about $1000 loser deal.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 11-21-2006 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

The car had 6 miles on it. I brought the add to all the Dealerships in San Diego and South L.A. One sales manager told me to go to Bob Baker and buy that car cause it was under book. What ever that means. As for the horse power I read the manual and I think it said 293 I could be wrong. Still I think I got a smokin deal on the car. Love driving it, STi corners better then any car I have been in.
    Last edited by CadGod-06sti; 11-21-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CadGod-06sti View Post
    The car had 6 miles on it. I brought the add to all the Dealerships in San Diego and South L.A. One sales manager told me to go to Bob Baker and buy that car cause it was under book. What ever that means.
    Yep. that is about $1000 below what NET cost on the car is. selling it for that is the dealer losing $1000.

The car sat on the lot for two weekends while the dealership sold 4 other 07s. I think they just wanted to get the 06 off the lot. So I took it.

maybe so..just doesnt make sense to lose money on a WRX or STI...at least for us. We sell a lot so it doesnt really come into play here, but still. Maybe at least brake even on it if nothing else..IMO

Well it worked out for me. I could really careless. The only reason I posted it was cause someone didn't believe me. If you still don't I guess I could scan the paperwork but that is just a pain.

i never said i dont believe you. I was saying it did not seem like a good business move for a dealer since they are losing money that they dont really need to. $30,900 would draw people in as well and still keep the dealer from losing all of their money.

C J
    thread hijack haha.....

anyways, picked up the STi today and it is great. Car just keeps surprising me how much I like it, I thought leaving my 12 second LS1 fbody was going to kill me but even though the STi doesn't have the power, it has just about everything else.

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Congrats on the STi and welcome!!

Post some pics as soon as you take some
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    thread hijack haha.....

anyways, picked up the STi today and it is great. Car just keeps surprising me how much I like it, I thought leaving my 12 second LS1 fbody was going to kill me but even though the STi doesn't have the power, it has just about everything else.
    you wont miss the LS1 as much that day you take it to some twisties and dont really have the fear of spinning in a circle trying to enter/exit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    you wont miss the LS1 as much that day you take it to some twisties and dont really have the fear of spinning in a circle trying to enter/exit hard.
    +1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.