STI owners with SPT "Power Package' as there ONLY mods.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI owners with SPT "Power Package' as there ONLY mods. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have my little grey STI 'Limited' with the SPT 'power package' ( )which came like this straight from the ...

Question STI owners with SPT "Power Package' as there ONLY mods.

I have my little grey STI 'Limited' with the SPT 'power package' ( )which came like this straight from the dealer. Okay so I have NO clue how quick/fast a stock STI should be COMPARED (I DID use search!!) to one with SPT as there only mods so far. Here is my $36,000 question (which would pay for the car). After breaking in the motor properly, how fast/quick was your stock STI? Then after you had JUST the SPT mods done (and yes it does occur to me that I am the ONLY one who has fallen for the added '45 bhp bump' (@ crank). Did you notice any faster times OR better acceleration OR just a different exhaust note/look and CAI with a nice heat shield? I still find it hard to believe that my 06 WRX wagon 'limited' 5-speed (cause I wanted leather) was SOO much quicker/faster after only 500 miles then this STI with SPT. If by the time I get 2000 miles and my second oil change I can not loosen up this puppy somewhat then the 'For sale' sign will be hanging in its window. Keep in mind that I will not beat on the car before its broken in (in a GOOD way!) I just want some good top end and good off the line punch like the WRX wagon had. Thank you for your support!
    Last edited by WRX STI w/SPT; 11-17-2006 at 11:55 AM. Reason: I was bored!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    In Devils STI thread I made a post about all the issues the 07 STI is having with the ecu. You are probaly noticing what alot of other owners are complaining about. The car feels extreamly weak under 3000 rpms (Weaker then a wrx, more like a hyndia accent).

The ECU has something like 75% more "learning" and "changing" ability then the 06 STI has. That is probaly the issue. At WOT above 3k people are saying this thing will scream, but all over the rpm range it's a very "bumpy" powerband.

The SPT package probaly netted you 5 seat of your pants HP on a good day.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Well that WOULD make perfect since (?? does NOT look right) I have so far NOT gone over 3500 rpms (until I break the motor in). You are correct though about the 06 WRX I had. Above 2500 rpms it was a screamer for top end. Maybe I will take my little "limited" out for a run this weekend and find an open road and slowly bring up the revs in sixth and see what she will do. I hope that I will be pleasently surprised. Thank you for your reply!

Banned
    it's your wagon punishing you for getting rid of it. Shame on YOu!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver View Post
    302, did you finally make teh jump to STI?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver View Post

Damn that Karma!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    302, did you finally make teh jump to STI?
    No not yet, hopefully by the end of this month, but I'm not really sure. Personal bills sucks
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

<------ still has 3 2006's and a 2007

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    No not yet, hopefully by the end of this month, but I'm not really sure. Personal bills sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Above problems have been solved!

The dealer needed to reflash the ECU and put the stock ram-air back on which they did. The difference is much better response with little or NO hesitation. YMMV!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX STI w/SPT View Post
    The dealer needed to reflash the ECU and put the stock ram-air back on which they did. The difference is much better response with little or NO hesitation. YMMV!
    did they give you the money back for the intake??

NO its still on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    did they give you the money back for the intake??
    SOA claims that the ram-air is still 'needed' to help direct cool air towards the SPT CAI and that owners will benifit from having it reinstalled. Whatever I say. All I know is that this car is MUCH improved performance wise then it was before. I think the reflash is ALL it really needed. Scoll down for pics

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1074277&page=4

SOA claims that the ram-air is still 'needed' to help direct cool air towards the SPT CAI and that owners will benifit from having it reinstalled. Whatever I say. All I know is that this car is MUCH improved performance wise then it was before. I think the reflash is ALL it really needed. Scoll down for pics

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1074277&page=4
    so they put the front plastic piece of the stocke intake in and kept the SPT intake in??

<cant see the nasioc stuff at work due to firewall>

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    so they put the front plastic piece of the stocke intake in and kept the SPT intake in??

<cant see the nasioc stuff at work due to firewall>
    Yes. It looks weird but thats what they did! Pics were NOT of my car anyway.

Yes. It looks weird but thats what they did! Pics were NOT of my car anyway.
    did they flash with an updated/diff map or just reflash the same basic map that was in the car -- just kinda renewed it after installed the ram air piece?

It is 'supposed' to be a new SPT only (yea right!) map/rom and NOT the stock. I question it because I called two different Subaru dealers and they (as of 12-12-06 have not heard of any new roms from SOA. Either way though my car perfoms VERY well now although I am told the learning curve for the ECU starts again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.