Aftermarket exhaust questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aftermarket exhaust questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I'm looking into replacing my stock exhaust on my 02 wrx to free up some more power. Mainly ...

Aftermarket exhaust questions

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into replacing my stock exhaust on my 02 wrx to free up some more power. Mainly I am looking at TBE's so I dont have to mix and match.

I have read the exhasust FAQ and it didnt help much in my search. Im basically looking for a good tbe with a nice sound. The few kits I have found including the Invidia, Helix, and the TurboXS seem to be what I am looking for, but also turn out to being the loudest from what I have read. I dont want an obnoxious sound but I still want to hear it. I have looked at Cobb, Prodrive, and some others but its all overwhelming. I have also listened to the sound clip thread on this board.

In the end I want something that is tried and true and an exhaust that alot of people have and like. As far as cats go, I would like to pass inspection but I suppose I could replace it with stock and go catless.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

-Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by d40winker View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking into replacing my stock exhaust on my 02 wrx to free up some more power. Mainly I am looking at TBE's so I dont have to mix and match.

I have read the exhasust FAQ and it didnt help much in my search. Im basically looking for a good tbe with a nice sound. The few kits I have found including the Invidia, Helix, and the TurboXS seem to be what I am looking for, but also turn out to being the loudest from what I have read. I dont want an obnoxious sound but I still want to hear it. I have looked at Cobb, Prodrive, and some others but its all overwhelming. I have also listened to the sound clip thread on this board.

In the end I want something that is tried and true and an exhaust that alot of people have and like. As far as cats go, I would like to pass inspection but I suppose I could replace it with stock and go catless.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

-Dave
    i say go w/ turboxs or cobb...also look @ jscspeed.com..look @ exhaust 102 this might help you out some
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Check out the Maddad Whisper. I was also looking for a system on the quiet side and I love this one.

www.daddysscp.com
    Cobb Stage 2 '06 WRX, Aspen White & Wingless
    --------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #026

I Support ClubWRX
    I love the Cobb TBE I have; great sound and looks.

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I think any of those would be a good choice, there really isnt going to be much different in performance from the ones you mentioned. The reason I can think of that the ones you are talking about are loud is becuase most of them are the round angled can, which I have, and if I was to do it over again, I would get one that tucks in behind the bumper like stock does. It looks cleaner, better ground clearance, and its not as rasspy as the angled "tuner" cans are.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I love the Cobb TBE I have; great sound and looks.

+ Karl Marx on the Cobb

I only have the catback (invidia DP), but dayyyammmn...that is a nice sounding, free flowing exhaust
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

The cobb is really nice, if you want to go with TXS you could always go with there standard muffler.
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

as said before, check out the Maddad Whisper

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.