This is a discussion on Tutorial: Private Messages within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This Thread was created to teach members how to use the Private Messages function. I) Private messages are like emails ...
This Thread was created to teach members how to use the Private Messages function.
I) Private messages are like emails within the Forum. You can send a message to one or up to 10 members without its contents being public. Private Messages (PM) are very useful when contacting an individual(s) instead of posting a Thread to get there attention.
II) Once someone else sends [You] a PM it will show up on the top right hand corner of the WebSite under the Last Visit clock.
III) An option can be selected that will show a pop-up box whenever you receive a new PM.
IV) How to send a Private Message.
1. Click the Users name.
2. Select Send Private Message
V) A new page will load
1. Type in the Username of 1 to 10 members
2. Type a Title if you want. It is not necessary.
3. Type your question or comment here. Use proper english grammar to prevent confusion. *use foreign languages in the International Forum if necessary.
4. Add a smiley to show feelings
5. Click Submit Private Message
VI) How to reply/create a Private Message
1. Click the "Private Message" link or Use the Pop-up that alerts you to a new message.
2. Click the Title of the PM that was sent to you.
3. To send a message you can click Send New Message.
Last edited by TheJ; 08-17-2007 at 04:08 PM.