Introduction, Hello all.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Introduction, Hello all. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! I'm in the market for a WRX Wagon, and I came across this site. I must say, the ...

Introduction, Hello all.

Hey everyone!
    I'm in the market for a WRX Wagon, and I came across this site. I must say, the amount of resources and knowledge here are friggin rediculous! Great work!

So anyhow, I'm a gigging musician and need the space to fit my drums, but I also want a car that's not boring to drive. (I currently drive a 97 civic LX, doesn't fit my whole drumset, is just a little slow (ha.) and it's boring. It is a GREAT commuter car though ) I do commute back and forth to school and gigs, so reliability is a must. I don't plan on racing it AT all, maybe slightly modifying (exhaust, wheels/tires, suspension, that's about it.) Looking to get anywhere from an 02 to an 04 depending on the condition. I'm sure I'll be on this forum quite a bit in the coming days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

The WRX Wagone is a great choice! Reliable, great handling, awesome performance, max cargo space...a great daily driver or even weeken car! Definitely browse the club for all the useful information on modding, car purchasing, and the difference/things to look out for with the years. Good luck and keep us updated!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

A wagon would suit your needs well, although I do not know if an entire kit would fit in a wagon. It will surely do better than a Civic. The AWD is an asset for foul weather - surely you see alot of it in CT.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Welcome to the club! You'll love it here.

As for the Wagon? I was looking at a few '06s a few nights ago and they are HOT. Plus the cargo space on the is awesome, and when you see a wagon fly by a Civic, you know its demoralizing, haha
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome! I lived in CT for a few years. I think you'll find the wrx wagon a good choice.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome to the club...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Well I should rephrase...I have fit my entire kit (I have a four piece drum kit...but alot of cymbals), a guitar amp, 2 guitars, guitar player, and a 4 speaker cabinet in my civic. But, the sweet hardware case I have doesn't fit in the doors of the civic, and all my hardware is just loose, requiring about 50 trips from the car to the hall when I get to a gig, hahahaha....plus with all that gear and one passenger, the car is SLOW AS PISS and the muffler is practically dragging...and yes, AWD is key in CT, especially for me, I live in a very high elevation and everywhere I go is lower than my house...meaning I need some traction to get back home! Though I suppose I'd have enough room to sleep in the wagon, haha. The only major issue I've come across is the 02 trannies...I'm not a very aggressive driver, but some of the issues seem to happen without aggressive driving...but weighing the pros and cons, it's definitely a car I want.
    Last edited by matteo; 11-06-2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: misspelled guitar player, hahahaha.

hello and welcome to the club... so did you get the wagon yett ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    hello and welcome to the club... so did you get the wagon yett ?
    No, but I'm still avidly looking. It's hard to have time to go car shopping when you're a full time student and worker...but I'm going to check another one out this weekend! Wish me luck.

welcome matteo! ... as you can see by my name i'm also a drummer , but I just couldn't bring myself to get the wagon hehehe (no offence wangon owners ). I let my brother haul my drums in his protege5 while i haul his guitar and my hardware in my trunk and pass thru, so it works out in the end hehehe.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Hi Matteo,

Welcome to the club and greetings from Holland!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.